Topic: HELP? minor annoyance MISMATCH DETECTED

Do I need to send a screenshot of this window? How does that work in this forum sharing screenshots?
I get the same error window every time I plug and play using Fireface 802 between devices
MISMATCH DETECTED Channel and FXsettings of Fireface 802 ###+++ and TotalMix are different.

Click YES to use the TotalMix settings (default)

Click No to upload Device settings into Total Mix

Granted, it's a minor annoyance MISMATCH DETECTED etc but is there a way to save my settings on each computer or the FF802 to avoid seeing this every time?

I running my Fireface 802 at 44.1  _with slaved ADAT Fireface 800 + Focusrite smooth as silk at 44.1 hz  on the two Macs — but always get this warning after hot swapping, orb changing audio interfaces. Is it indeed possible to hook up more than one computer to one single audio interface AT THE SAME TIME?

FYI I am running OSX 12 .5 Monterey on my existing desktop ashtray pro
and have recently started using a new M1Pro Silicon Mac running Ventura 13

Thanks, Pete

2 (edited by waedi 2023-01-08 22:27:16)

Re: HELP? minor annoyance MISMATCH DETECTED

This website is where I upload screenshots to provide to public via link.
https://imgbb.com
Yes, please provide a screenshot of your error window

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by oli77sch 2023-01-08 23:34:38)

Hi
Go to page 69 in the manual and read there:
Device Handling
 Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings. Used to suppress the mismatch message after using the unit stand-alone. Settings in the unit are lost.

Hot swapping means hot unplugging. And that means activating the standalone mode.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

peteyTwang wrote:

Is it indeed possible to hook up more than one computer to one single audio interface AT THE SAME TIME?

No, except some special models (not RME) made to interconnect a Mac and an iPad.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

thanks everybody for the speedy and helpful replies

––––

i have one of those… iConnectivity  - in a few sizes/model names ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  these days (past few years)  iOs devices often 'automagically' work like instant aggregates with their own audio channels … it's been awhile but i'm stoked to look into again after firing up Logic Remote mostly because of a few really cool Wolfgang Palm apps which may or may not still work…   i always liked the first generation animoog too as opposed to animoog Z II the heretic

unfortunately the iOS world seems so volatile with Apple contstantly making everythingf obsolete— remember the ill fated Buchla easel iPad controller?

there's a few options for Bitwig controllers I am very curious about but havent tried them

oli77sch wrote:

Hi
Go to page 69 in the manual and read there:
Device Handling
 Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings. Used to suppress the mismatch message after using the unit stand-alone. Settings in the unit are lost.

Hot swapping means hot unplugging. And that means activating the standalone mode.