Topic: original babyface issues with updated drivers

Hi all,

Am having some problems with an original babyface inputs cooperating with Ableton.

Babyface driver 3.28
firmware v226

2015 Macbook pro
OS Monterey 12.6.2

Ableton 10.1.42

I've never had this problem before. I have plugged my guitar into the appropriate input on the side of the babyface and have sound coming into totalmix, however can't get it to come through to Ableton.
I can only see a 'coreaudio' driver in Ableton, should i be seeing an ASIO?

Thanks in advance

Re: original babyface issues with updated drivers

Maybe you have to allow Ableton to use the audio hardware ('microphone') in macOS security settings? It’s only a guess.
You say it worked before? Did you make some software updates (macOS, Ableton …) in the meantime?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

bluegold wrote:

Hi all,

Am having some problems with an original babyface inputs cooperating with Ableton.

Babyface driver 3.28
firmware v226

2015 Macbook pro
OS Monterey 12.6.2

Ableton 10.1.42

I've never had this problem before. I have plugged my guitar into the appropriate input on the side of the babyface and have sound coming into totalmix, however can't get it to come through to Ableton.
I can only see a 'coreaudio' driver in Ableton, should i be seeing an ASIO?

Thanks in advance

No, you will never see anything ASIO because ASIO driver is what Windows computers need.
We Mac addicts are blessed with Core-Audio.
You may have to select the right input channel in Ableton.
The guitar input is channel 3 afaik.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

oli77sch wrote:

Maybe you have to allow Ableton to use the audio hardware ('microphone') in macOS security settings? It’s only a guess.
You say it worked before? Did you make some software updates (macOS, Ableton …) in the meantime?

Ah yes this did it! Thanks for the help everyone. I was looking under the general tab, but actually those mic settings were under the 'privacy' tab.