Topic: Firewire 800 gone crazy and not working since update.

HI,

Today I got a message on my M1 silicon Mac mini saying there was an update from RME and to allow it in permissions.

I did.

Now after god knows how many problem free years my Fireface has gone crazy and isn't working.

When you switch it on the sig right on 10 flashes as do the others to a lesser degree and every 30 seconds or so all the units lights flash on and off.

All that comes out of my monitors is a pulse noise.

Could be a coincidence that something has failed but after years it seems strange.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Re: Firewire 800 gone crazy and not working since update.

That sounds like the symptoms of a failing power supply.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

You are probably right crazy how it happened after the update!

I guess I'll need to find a UK repairer.

Does anyone have any info on one?

SYNTHAX AUDIO (UK) LTD.
Unit 13, Sovereign Park Cleveland Way HP2 7DA
Hemel Hempstead
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 (0) 1727 821 870

www.synthax.co.uk/support

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Just want to say thank you for the advice. It was the power supply and Syntax delivered next day which was great.

Well done to RME who keep updating and supplying spares for equipment that in tech world is old but ultimately still fantastic and 100pc useable.

One tip and syntax didnt mention this when I called them...the plugs that attach to the PCB are almost impossible to get off and I was told I just had to use force. I did that and it was incredibly difficult and stressful. There is however two tiny indents on the plugs on the power supply side. Slide in something very thin and that will help them come off. I learnt that after I did the first.....