Topic: Fireface 800 dead?

Hello,

Recently purchased a used fireface 800. I have no firewire cable to test it yet but when plugged to power and switched on I just don’t see anything happening. No LED’s turning on.

I guess this is not normal operation and I should just return it but wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

Re: Fireface 800 dead?

Hi!

Check with headphone and turn down gain to most left
slowly now raise gain knob clockwise and listen for any
back ground noise, if it's dead return it...

regards S-EH

If you turn it on the LEDs must at least flash one time, plus the red HOST LED must be lit constantly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

If you turn it on the LEDs must at least flash one time, plus the red HOST LED must be lit constantly.

Thanks for the answer, sending it back sad

Interesting news, the seller is sending me another unit, they tested locally and they confirmed that the LEDs work. So I'll verify it when it arrives. The part that I'm curious about is that they told me to keep this other unit for parts or to fix it if I wanted. Is that something that can be done? like do some folks look at this older units?

That's a nice deal ;-)

When I looked for a fix for my failing FF UFX I came across many posts reporting a failure of the power supply (changed it in the UFX - working like on day one since). Power supplies obviously tend to fail after that-many-years. Check this out, maybe you can fix it for some bucks (paid around € 100)/sell the second unit.

marQs wrote:

That's a nice deal ;-)

When I looked for a fix for my failing FF UFX I came across many posts reporting a failure of the power supply (changed it in the UFX - working like on day one since). Power supplies obviously tend to fail after that-many-years. Check this out, maybe you can fix it for some bucks (paid around € 100)/sell the second unit.

Nice! Is it too complicated to get a power supply? Any guidance regarding changing it or getting a replacement would be great!