1 (edited by alissand340 2023-01-30 21:30:21)

Topic: Babyface Pro + Presonus FS ADAT high frequency noise

When connecting the Presonus FS via ADAT to the Babyface Pro, when the equalizer is on, sometimes there is a lot of high-frequency noise on the monitors. There is no such noise on the headphones. If you turn off the equalizer, then the noise disappears. Please tell me what is the problem? The noise is loud.Nothing is connected to the Presonus inputs.

Re: Babyface Pro + Presonus FS ADAT high frequency noise

alissand340 wrote:

When connecting the Presonus FS via ADAT to the Babyface Pro, when the equalizer is on, sometimes there is a lot of high-frequency noise on the monitors. There is no such noise on the headphones. If you turn off the equalizer, then the noise disappears. Please tell me what is the problem? The noise is loud.Nothing is connected to the Presonus inputs.

What is a presonus fs, and which equalizer are you talking about?

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Equalizer RME TotalMix FX. Presonus FS is a preamp with ADAT.

is there a gain knob on the Presonus fully open ?
How is Totalmix looking ? What is routed to the monitor speakers ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Empty mic preamps with open gain generate lots of noise / hiss, that’s normal. Maybe you don’t hear in on the headphones because there are different (ore none) input channels routed to it?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

High-frequency noise, squeak, very !!!!!! loud . If you turn off Adat and Presonus then the loud noise still remains until you turn off the equalizer or turn off and turn on the Babyface pro. Nothing is connected to presonus. The TotalMix indicator does not show a volume increase, only the red segment at the top of the totalMix volume indicator lights up. Once again , very loud noise , whistling . It's like self-excitation..And it has to do with the equalizer.

That seems to be something like a feedback loop. Can you describe your exact hardware and software setup and post some screenshots of Totalmix? Where exactly in Totalmix do you have the EQ enabled? Input, playback or output channel?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Now I noticed, only the left channel is noisy. And on the totalmix indicator, only on the left channel, the upper segment of the volume indicator is red.  I'll take screenshots later .

I also noticed that the noise is only at a frequency of 44100 kHz, at a frequency of 48000 and 96000 kHz there is no noise.

Switched the mode to "internal clock" and the noise disappeared. On "external sync" there is noise on the left channel.