Topic: RayDAT shows unstable AES/EBU connection to my Lexicon 300

Hi,

I have the following setup:

Windows 10 Pro
Cubase 9.5 Pro
RME RayDAT (set to "Slave", clocked via SPDIF Coax Input from TC Finalizer)
Finalizer 24 Bit 44.1 kHz SPDIF (Coax-Out) to RayDAT sync (sync perfect)
RME ADI-8AE 44.1 kHz TOS-Link to RayDAT ADAT 1 (sync perfect)
Ferrofish Pulse 16 44.1 kHz TOS-Link to RayDAT ADAT 2 and ADAT 3 (sync perfect)
Lexicon 300 via AES/EBU (XLR) to RayDAT (was synced perfect the last 3 years, but now it's toggling between Sync and Lock)

This setup was running stable the last 3 years. Now the Lexicon 300 (connected to RayDAT via AES/EBU) shows unstable sync.
When I go to the Lexicon 300 Digital-Input/Output Page and I set manually the connection to AES/EBU it synced at first, but after 1-2 minutes it loose the sync and it sounds grainy till I set the AES/EBU connection again.
The RME RayDAT monitor shows all connection synced, except the AES/EBU connection changes all the time between sync and lock. If I set the RayDAT to "Master" instead of "Slave" it has no effect on this issue. All the ADAT connections and SPDIF connection stay stable too. Only the AES/EBU connection makes this problems.

Do you think it has to do with the AES/EBU connection (defect cable or breakout cable, or a Windows update changed something etc.) or is it the Lexicon 300? The problem has started a week ago, without any changes in the setup.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers!
Sudad

2 (edited by waedi 2023-02-02 12:48:33)

Re: RayDAT shows unstable AES/EBU connection to my Lexicon 300

You can do a test for checking the AES signal of the RAY DAT, connect an XLR cable from out to in to make a cable loop test, monitor the returning signal in Totalmix.
The Lexicon seems to be broken.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

If nothing helps and it is not the cables, you could set the lexicon to master and the finalizer to slave instead.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Many thanks waedi and vinark! Will check it later!

Cheers!
Sudad