Topic: UCXII users: 9.5" enclosures?

Hello,
so far I'm really happy with UCXII, it performs about as well as can be expected from USB (although I do feel my previous Thunderbolt interface did give the CPU more headroom), and TotalMix is very user friendly. In fact, I have an ARC on the way as well.

However, I just installed the 19" rack ears and am not impressed with those, the right hand side one is a little crooked.

But I really feel like racking this up in a 19" enclosure defeats the purpose, and I'm looking for a 9.5" enclosure, preferably one with detachable front and back so I can leave it in the enclosure with all cables connected and access to the front panel controls.

I've been googling this all morning but haven't found anything so far. Anybody else have found something like this?

@RME: also, will any off-the-shelf 9.5" rackmount ears fit on the UCXII?

Thanks!

UCXII | ARC | MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7

Re: UCXII users: 9.5" enclosures?

How about this ?
https://www.thomann.de/de/blackmagic_de … _shelf.htm

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I searched for 9,5 inch rack cases a few years ago, and found them from a small UK company. In the end I abandoned the idea, because there always seemed to be at least one 19" device we needed to include.

They're easier to find if you know most rack manufacturers call them 10 inch rack cases...

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

4 (edited by chrysalis99 2023-02-02 16:24:35)

You might have received a bad set because mine are nice. They’re heavy duty and very sturdy. I also find the area behind the rack ears as a good spot to coil up additional cabling. They also look great.

MacBook Pro Max M1
32GB Ram, 2TB HD
UCX II & 802 FS via OWC Thunderbolt dock.
DAW - Logic

chrysalis99 wrote:

You might have received a bad set because mine are nice. They’re heavy duty and very sturdy. I also find the area behind the rack ears as a good spot to coil up additional cabling. They also look great.

It's not terrible, I mean, you have to really look at it to see it, but I'm OCD like that.

But I'm thinking of exchanging it for the Unirack, just need to make sure it is a good fit for the UCXII as it is not specifically mentioned, and if 9.5" devices from other manufacturers would fit in there as well.

UCXII | ARC | MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7