Topic: Sync HDSPe MADI FX and HDSPe AIO Pro problems

Hello

Normally I have the MADI FX as master and syncing AIO Pro to that via Sync In (internal molex cable), this works. (even though in HDSPe Settings on AIO Pro, sync in says no lock when in 88,2 or 96kHz).

However syncing MADI FX from AIO Pro with internal cable only locks the MADI FX when in x1 sample rates, not in x2. Why is this?

Thx
/m

Re: Sync HDSPe MADI FX and HDSPe AIO Pro problems

We'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

We'll check.

Ok thanks.
Also this is with the current kernel drivers, if it even matters (I guess not?).

That issue might well be in both versions. We're checking that as well.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That issue might well be in both versions. We're checking that as well.

Great!

The issue is fixed with the new firmware 23/108 for the AIO Pro. The AIO Pro now also accepts Single, Double and QuadSpeed signals on its internal input, so now both ways MADI FX to AIO Pro will work. The MADI FX will continue to show Lock (not 'no lock' as you wrote above) with 48 kHz at 96 and 192 kHz when using Sync In. This is normal as it works SMUX based.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That is great!
THough I think it is still the old driver in the downloads section on rme-audio.com. Still says v22 as new version.

If you looked at the Windows FUT...but why....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No I cant run Wndows apps...was probably a cache issue. Seems to work!

MC wrote:

The issue is fixed with the new firmware 23/108 for the AIO Pro. The AIO Pro now also accepts Single, Double and QuadSpeed signals on its internal input, so now both ways MADI FX to AIO Pro will work. The MADI FX will continue to show Lock (not 'no lock' as you wrote above) with 48 kHz at 96 and 192 kHz when using Sync In. This is normal as it works SMUX based.

Just tried this now.

Most of the time it works syncing the MADI FX to the AIO Pro, but every 5-10 times it does not follow AIO Pro. Tried many times and can't so far get it work every time.
I have WC out from Madi FX connected to the rest of my digi devices.

11 (edited by mlprod 2023-02-02 14:13:15)

More testing with this and the same is true. Sometimes the MADI FX gets stuck at for ex 88,2 if I choose 44,1 in a project with AIO Pro as master. Same goes if I swtich to 96kHz, it can get stuck in 48 instead.
So it has a hard time to see the difference between x1 and x2 sample rates, happens often but not always.

The sample rate of the MADI FX is based on what the software sets/uses. With 44.1 as internal sync you could use 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4 kHz in the DAW. If these two cards are used at the same time via Aggregate devices then the issue lies somewhere there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The sample rate of the MADI FX is based on what the software sets/uses. With 44.1 as internal sync you could use 44.1, 88.2 and 176.4 kHz in the DAW. If these two cards are used at the same time via Aggregate devices then the issue lies somewhere there.

Ok I see. I solved by clocking the madi fx from an external wordclock.