1 (edited by jscomposer 2023-02-09 02:27:08)

Topic: How do I revert back to previous firmware version?

Babyface 2.26 firmware installed, Mac Studio, OS 12.6.3

I've been having intermittent issues ever since installing 2.26, Pro Tools errors, crashes. Nothing else changed. How do I revert to 2.25? Or maybe it's the driver?

(Some major plugin makers still haven't updated to support Ventura, so I'm on Monterey for now)

Re: How do I revert back to previous firmware version?

Which driver is used here?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I don't know what driver / firmware you are using, but whether you're downloading the driver or firmware, just make sure that during the installing process, especially for the driver, leave your device plugged in. The only thing is, after upgrading / downgrading the firmware, you need to unplug the interface for 5 seconds or so then plug it back in again to make it take effect. Hope this helps!

@MC 3.28

@davidlaijiajun Hmm, I believe I restarted the Mac Studio. Don't recall ever unplugging the Babyface with this or previous firmware updates. I did start having problems maybe a couple years ago with it randomly disconnecting and reconnecting from my laptop with one particular OS update, I forget which. The solution was ultimately to power it via power supply instead of USB. Back on Mac Studio, the Fireface USB Settings app says v226.

jscomposer wrote:

@MC 3.28

This is the FUT that flashes 225. Check 'Flash All' or it won't downgrade.

Edit: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac_225.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
jscomposer wrote:

@MC 3.28

This is the FUT that flashes 225. Check 'Flash All' or it won't downgrade.

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac.zip

I checked Flash All even though it said Current Revision 226 and New Revision 226. After "updating" it still says currently 226.

Did you perform a full powercycle?

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randyman... wrote:

Did you perform a full powercycle?

I believe so. I shut down the computer. Checked that the lights went off on the Babyface. Then powered up.

Wait a moment...oops, incomplete link. The FUT that you downloaded is the current one. Correct link is

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_usb_mac_225.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah thanks!

Turns out it might not be the firmware (surprise, surprise). Pro Tools just gave me an error I've never seen before, naming a specific plugin. Froze the track, and so far so good. If I start getting the other generic error again, I'll try 225. (Fwiw, the plugin was Parallax.)