Topic: [Solved] TotalMix MIDI fader control no longer working

I recently switched from my UFX+ as a master to a MADI FX card.

However, my X-Touch doesn't work properly with the same settings. It sort of works on the submix output faders, but when scrolling up to software outputs or hardware inputs, the tracks no longer show up as selected (via brown highlighting) and fader control doesn't reflect on the controller (and also doesn't communicate back to Totalmix).

It does show the track names on the LEDs track labels on the X-touch, but that's about it.

Any suggestions on what I should try? (no other RME devices are communicating with the computer)

Re: [Solved] TotalMix MIDI fader control no longer working

Update: The X-Touch works correctly when AES output is selected, but no other submixes or outputs work correctly.

I can't find any different settings for the AES output from the other outputs (MADI or analog).

Options - Submix linked to MIDI Controller - 1.

Your description above states that the X-Touch is currently on submix AES, but changing to a different one TM FX does not follow. The setting described would fix that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oh! I thought this setting was to direct what device is used to select an submix for routing to hardware outputs. (I use a Streamdeck for that)

But it is used to select what controller you want to communicate with the faders. Got it!