Topic: How to tell TotalMix FX that my main monitoring has 4 outputs?

Hi all,

I'm new to TotalMix FX, I've read the manual and I've watched the tutorial for beginners in YouTube. I think I understand it fairly well so far.

However, there's something I haven't figured out how to accomplish: My main monitoring consists of 4 hardware outputs, and my second monitoring consists of 2 hardware outputs.

Right now, I'm using snapshots to switch between monitors. I have the monitors connected to outputs 1-6, all of them fader-grouped so they respond properly when changing the volume from the ARC, and one snapshot unmutes 1/2 and 3/4 but mutes 5/6, while the second snapshot mutes 1/2 and 3/4 but unmutes 5/6.

However, I'd love to be able to use the "Speaker B" button on the ARC to switch monitors. As I can only assign 1/2 to "main out", and maybe 5/6 to "main out b", the monitors connected to 3/4 don't get automatically muted when pressing "Speaker B" on the ARC.

Is there a way to make the "Speaker B" button work in such a way that it mutes 1/2 and 3/4 and unmutes 5/6, and viceversa when not in "Speaker B"?

In other words, is there a way to assign 4 hardware outputs to "main out" instead of only 2?

Thanks in advance. :-)

RME Fireface 802, Windows 10, Intel Core i9 13900k (chipset Z790), 128GB RAM

Re: How to tell TotalMix FX that my main monitoring has 4 outputs?

Hi
I think you can just mirror 1&2 (as Spk A) to 3&4, and then set 5&6 as Spk B.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

ebmmbongo wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have it mirrored, and all submix changes are effective on both because of that. However, it is not mutting 3&4 when I press "Speaker B", only 1&2.

Zarabozo wrote:
ebmmbongo wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have it mirrored, and all submix changes are effective on both because of that. However, it is not mutting 3&4 when I press "Speaker B", only 1&2.

Hmm, too bad, thought I had it...

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

I've been trying a lot. I think TotalMix just can't do this, other than using snapshots and loosing that Speaker B button.