Topic: Hardware Input not working MADIface XT / Sony DMX R100

Hello!

I have a SONY DMX R100 connected to the MADIfaceXT but everything seems to work well in only one direction.

All my loopback tests on the Sony are positive the routing is correct as well as the madi formats in the Fireface USB settings.

MADI optical from the RME to the Sony works great, but the signal the Sony to the RME is lost somewhere. With the successful loopback tests I'm thinking the issue is with the RME not picking up the MADI input for some reason.

Does anyone else have problems with RME MADIfaceXT and Hardware input?

Please help me!

Andreas

Re: Hardware Input not working MADIface XT / Sony DMX R100

Issues like this can happen with first generation MADI devices. The usual workaround is to use a different MADI device as translator/buffer, one that is compatible to the Sony format. For example insert an ADI-648 and set MADI to pass through to the XT. Newer devices like MADIface USB etc most probably won't work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your reply!

I think the firmware on my DMX R100 MADI card won't allow for a 2 Fs FRAME Pattern MADI Signal but a firmware upgrade will make it accommodate the 2 fs FRAME pattern MADI signal.

Could it be that the RME MADIface XT wont accept the current frame pattern and a firmware upgrade would help?

Or would you think a converter is completely necessary in this case?

Any firmware update is a chance things start working, so just try the new one for the DMX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME