1 (edited by rwpiercey 2023-02-16 16:45:04)

Topic: AIO Pro Only Recognized After Reboot?

Hello all!  I have entered this question to Support but figured I would post here as well just in case anyone else has encountered this issue before.  If I get an answer from support I will also add it to this thread.

--------------------------------------------------

I have been encountering an issue with my AIO Pro card.  It worked fine in the past in my previous build, but since I put the card into a new machine, there is a weird bug.  The card is only recognized AFTER a reboot.  From a cold boot, the card is not recognized at all -- it doesn't even appear as an unknown device in device manager.  If I then restart the PC, it is recognized and works as intended.

Here is what I have tried to solve the issue:
Updated drivers to most current version (4.40)
Flashed firmware to most current (23)
Fully updated Windows 11
Tried various BIOS configs - CSM, POST Delay (to try to get card recognized), All possible PCI versions.
Installed latest motherboard BIOS
Set card to MSI instead of IRQ

None of the above has made any difference.  I still have to reboot in order for the computer to even recognize the card.

Here are my computer specs for reference:

Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (21H2 Build 22000.1455)
CPU
    AMD 7950x
RAM
    32.0GB
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI (AM5)
Graphics
    4087MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 (Gigabyte)

Re: AIO Pro Only Recognized After Reboot?

You can try firmware v24. It might help.

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_ … ro_v24.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You can try firmware v24. It might help.

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_ … ro_v24.zip

Thanks, I will try it and report back!

Is this beta firmware?  It is not listed in the downloads page.  Are there any release notes?

Yes. No.

smile

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I quite often have cases where the AIO Pro that is directly in my Mac Pro stops working. It shows as Rev0 in the HDSPe settings app. Often times, a computer restart doesn't fix it, but doing a full shut down, disconnecting the power for a few seconds, and the powering back on brings in back to life. Sometimes for just a few days, sometimes for a few weeks.

it's strange.

MC wrote:

Yes. No.

smile

I tried the version 24 firmware, but unfortunately there was no change.  The card is still not recognized at startup, only after a warm reboot.

Ok, thanks for trying. Was worth a shot. Next step is to contact the motherboard manufacturer and tell him that the initialization of PCIe devices is much too quick and needs to be fixed (delayed/slowed down) in the BIOS to industry typical values.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME