Topic: Babyface with FF800 for extra channels - Can't access Channels 9-10

I have a Babyface and Fireface 800 that I've used together for several years. I've mostly used the FF800 as the main unit, but I want to switch to the Babyface as the main controller. However, the FF800 has internal preamps on channels 7-10. Using ADAT, I can only access channels 1-8 on the Babyface, making the Fireface's preamps on 9-10 inaccessible.

Is there a way to choose WHICH channels the Babyface will see through ADAT so that I can see FF800's 7-10 on my Totalmix FX mixer?

Re: Babyface with FF800 for extra channels - Can't access Channels 9-10

The ADAT connection is limited to 8 channels and in the FF800-Totalmix you decide wich input signal goes to wich ADAT output channel.
Store this configuration into the device.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Where is that functionality to decide which input signal goes where? That's exactly the thing I'm looking for.

waedi wrote:

The ADAT connection is limited to 8 channels and in the FF800-Totalmix you decide wich input signal goes to wich ADAT output channel.
Store this configuration into the device.

Is there like an i/o matrix or something that lets me choose which inputs get routed to the ADAT out 1-8? This is not something I've been able to find. Like in this video https://youtu.be/Oibj81QIq4s?t=303, I cannot choose the routing. It's already set and won't let me change it.

Hit the X key on your computer keyboard when Totalmix is open.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Oh. I feel like an idiot here. I just have to go to each individual ADAT Output Channels on the FF800 Totalmix and put whichever input I want at unity, while making sure no other fader is turned up on that output. For some reason I just thought it took a direct signal out on ADAT and bypassed the mixer settings.