Topic: Fireface UCX 2 - Phantom power on/off via menu on unit ?

Is it possible to switch on / off 48volts phantom power for the microphone channels, in the fireface ucx2 onboard menu ?
When reading the manual ( page 13 ) doesnt provide an answer to my question.
I'm a linux user ( actual using the fireface ucx-1 at the moment ), so I dont have the possibility to use totalmix.

Would be nice if someone could post a photo of the menu screen on the unit if this is possible.
Thank you.

Re: Fireface UCX 2 - Phantom power on/off via menu on unit ?

...adding, when the unit is in stand-alone CLASS COMPLIANT modus ( which is necessary for it to operate with linux ).

No,not possible.

You have to do some configuration work on a Windows or Mac computer.
Storing different setups (containing On / Off Phantompower) into the device lets you switch those with the button SETUP REV.
Page 98 user manual.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

thank you waedi, for the fast reply !!
Because I'm using the UCX version 1, RME customer support did inform me I could switch to the UCX 2 to be able to switch on/off phantom on the unit !
This makes me confused.
Do you have a UCX 2 ?
Maybe you can do a check : Button Chan/Mix -> Mic/Instr settings "+48V" ON  ( this is for the UFX+ )
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36659

mestromlc wrote:

thank you waedi, for the fast reply !!
Because I'm using the UCX version 1, RME customer support did inform me I could switch to the UCX 2 to be able to switch on/off phantom on the unit !
This makes me confused.
Do you have a UCX 2 ?
Maybe you can do a check : Button Chan/Mix -> Mic/Instr settings "+48V" ON  ( this is for the UFX+ )
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=36659

On my UCX II I can switch on/off phantom power when it's in CC mode from the menu on the device.

Dear Muffin, thank you for your reply !!
May I ask, since you're also using cc mode, are you also a linux user, or did you just power up the UCX2 into CC mode to test this out ?
Via what button presses on the UCX2 where you able to switch on/off the phantom power, is there an entry in the menu via chan/mix -> instr settings "+48volts" ??
Would it be possible to make a photo and post a photo of that phantom power in the UCX2 menu ??
Again thank you for your helpfull reply !

mestromlc wrote:

May I ask, since you're also using cc mode, are you also a linux user, or did you just power up the UCX2 into CC mode to test this out ?
Via what button presses on the UCX2 where you able to switch on/off the phantom power, is there an entry in the menu via chan/mix -> instr settings "+48volts" ??
Would it be possible to make a photo and post a photo of that phantom power in the UCX2 menu ??

I use Windows and the available RME driver that has Totalmix FX, but was I was curios so I checked earlier today though I was quite certain this could be done.

The entry I used was chan/mix -> Mic 1 -> Settings -> +48 Volt.

Muffin wrote:
mestromlc wrote:

I use Windows and the available RME driver that has Totalmix FX, but was I was curios so I checked earlier today though I was quite certain this could be done.

Hi there again Muffin,
Thank you for your help, investigation and checking this out, fantastic !
If it ain't to much work, would it be possible to make a photo of the ucx2 menu page ( with the 48 volt on/off settings ) ?
I did send you an email with my emailadress,
Thank you in advance, Luc.

mestromlc wrote:
Muffin wrote:
mestromlc wrote:

Hi there again Muffin,
Thank you for your help, investigation and checking this out, fantastic !
If it ain't to much work, would it be possible to make a photo of the ucx2 menu page ( with the 48 volt on/off settings ) ?
I did send you an email with my emailadress,
Thank you in advance, Luc.

Sorry, I'm not going to do that.

mestromlc wrote:

The UCX II does have a display with menus for a reason. It is promoted as 'fully usable stand-alone' for a reason. The place where to find this setting is as logical as simple, and exactly where it belongs (and where Muffin immediately found it).

Waedi does not have a UCX II and gave a wrong answer based on experience with older interfaces that do not have a full display and menus - like your UCX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
mestromlc wrote:

The UCX II does have a display with menus for a reason. It is promoted as 'fully usable stand-alone' for a reason. The place where to find this setting is as logical as simple, and exactly where it belongs (and where Muffin immediately found it).

Waedi does not have a UCX II and gave a wrong answer based on experience with older interfaces that do not have a full display and menus - like your UCX.

Hallo Herr Carstens, beste Matthias,

Vielleicht ware es moglich diese phantom on/off 48 volt option via menu on UCX2, spezifisch in die manual auf zu nehmen !
Vielleicht auf seite 13 beim Overview Menu Structure....
Ich denke dass viele ( zukunftige ) linux ucx2 / oder stand alone nutzer, diese option suchen.
Seit hammertfall-DSP viele jahren RME nutzer, liebe RME, vielleicht mal DIGICHECK fur linux... :-)

Danke, gruss Luc.