Topic: [Feature Request] Durec Playback control via Midi or Arc-USB

Hello,

The Durec feature from Fireface is great, however it would be very good to have the option to remote control the playback in standalone mode for sake of robustness.
Using Fireface to play back a coplete setlist would also add the necessity for a tool to create interlaced wav files out of single daw exported wave files.
Instead of Midi, also the Arc USB could be used to control the Playback and maybe mute specific tracks etc.
Especually the portable Fireface UCX II would be great for using live with Backing Tracks in standalone mode.

Best Regards,

Marcus

Re: [Feature Request] Durec Playback control via Midi or Arc-USB

All what you ask for is there and works (except for muting specific tracks, and that won't come for obvious reasons of impossible setup actions).

Edit: it seems you did not mean muting channels but skipping tracks aka wav files.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Good Morning,

Thank you for the quick response, that sounds great. But Clcan I choose between several playback files (=songs)?
In the Manual I have not seen Midi / Mackie Commands for selecting a specific interlaced wav file since I won't have only one file. 
Unfortunately on YT I was also not able to find such a demonstration or "best practice" for live backing tracks.
Thanks in advance

Selecting files comfortably requires a visible file list and advanced control elements for operation. The best solution in stand-alone mode is to use an iPad with TotalMix FX for iPad, which gives you the same options (file display and selection) as on Windows and Mac computers.

The second best is using the intrerface's display and selecting the 'next' file to play from the list while another one runs.

I have no clue how this could be done with ARC USB or MIDI when you must look at the display anyway to know what you select.

Note the info in the manual about renaming files to build a custom playlist that runs in the desired order when played in stand-alone mode. Note also that the Wav Processor can split and combine files.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME