Topic: UCXII Ventura stutters

Hi!

After i upgraded my computer from an iMac2017 + Monterrey (48gb ram) to a Macbook Pro 16" M1 Pro (16GB ram) + Ventura 13.2.1 I have had terrible problems with stutters and glitches. This is not DAW related, and affects all audio be it Youtube, Teams, Spotify or Abletoon Live. I have updated drivers from the official to 4.06beta but no difference. I use a Behringer ADA8200 as clock master. See screenshot for setup/activity monitor. The problem seems to get bigger the more memory pressure I get (when yellow it stutters the most). I have been reading through a lot of posts here but I cant find a solution for this.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 15.10.21.png

Cheers
Terje,
Norway

Firmware: v42
Driver: 4.06 Beta
Ventura 13.2.1

Re: UCXII Ventura stutters

Did you increased the audio buffer size ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hi!

Yes, in Ableton Live I have tried all buffer sizes but no difference. Is there any other place I can change buffer size?

Other users reported changing USB port or changing power socket did help...?
For the audio buffer in the DAW thats the right place, a too small buffer will stutter and a too big buffer will slow down the DAW workflow with latency.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yeah, I tried switching USB ports, but no difference. Still a lot of stuttering when RAM pressure is going up. Anyone tried CC mode? Is it any better? In worst case I have to downgrade to Monterrey. Not an ideal solution.