Topic: TotalMix Matrix Setup

Hi All,

New user to the forum, But have owned my Fireface UC for approx 10 years and love it.... Until today!!

So I have started to write a huge question below, and then started to confuse myself, so thought if it is confusing me, you lot will not have a clue...

If you want to read and try and decipher it, I have left it below..

In short, Is anyone using a Fireface UC with a mixing desk? If so, How have you routed it?

Thanks in advance

(Ok, so I love the simplicity of the FF uc for everything I have done to date, never really had to set anything up etc, It just worked..

However I have got hold of a digital mixer, and now want to route everything via the small amount of outboard gear, to patch bay to mixer to the Fireface.
I have pathed the outboard gear to a Patch bay and from the patchbay to the desk.
I have connected Fireface ADAT in-out to Mixing desk in-out
I have connected Fireface SPDIF in-out to Mixing desk in-out

On the FFUC1 Settings I have set the following:
Word =Single Speed
Optical=SPDIF ( I read in the manual to set SPDIF to AS 1/2, which I have done) But it changed all to AS1/2
SPDIF coax = Consumer

But there is where my knowledge ends.. I am getting a signal on Hardware inputs SPDIF)

2 (edited by ramses 2023-03-12 14:03:38)

Re: TotalMix Matrix Setup

I am not clear with your description. What is the problem?

Is the digital connection between devices not working? You write something about settings in the Driver Settings dialog.
On the other hand, the topic (TM FX Matrix Setup) is chosen as if you are talking about a routing issue.

It would be good to bring in a little more clarity here.

A diagram of your setup would be helpful and which devices (manufacturer, model) you are talking about.
For digital connections: who is the clock master?

I would suggest getting connections between the devices and clock synchronization to work at first.
If that works, we can talk about routing.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: TotalMix Matrix Setup

Hi Ramses,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Mackie D8B mixing desk
Cubase 11 pro (I have 12 pro, but haven't installed it yet, as I want to get the desk running and do a full clean install of 12 pro on a new HDD).

Outboard gear is the following
Compressor.
Digital Delay.
VAmp Pro
Bass VAmp Pro.
All patched to patch pay, which in turn goes to Mackie D8B.
From the D8B, I come out with ADAT, and SPDIF to the FFUC.
I am getting a signal on the meter bridge of the desk, if I use a Mic, guitar or whatever and I can hear audio through the speakers, but I am not getting a signal in cubase when I try and record, even though I can hear it.
I think i am synced correctly on the FF, the SPDIF and AAT lights are constantly on. (when clock mode was set to internal they were flashing)
Ignore what I said about optical being set to SPDIF. it is actually set to ADAT.
These are the settings on the FF

Output Format:
Word = Single Speed checked.
Optical = ADAT
SPDIF coax= Consumer

Clock Mode:
Sample rate 44100
Clock Source= Optical In

Input status:
Word= No Lock
ADAT= Sync
SPDIF coax= Sync