Topic: Babyface Pro FS - ADAT in Standalone

Hello,

I bought an ADA8200 to increase the number of inputs of the Babyface Pro FS and managed to route everything just fine in normal USB mode.
However, I work mostly without computer, so I use Standalone mode. In this mode, the ADAT channels are panned either left or right and I can't do anything to move them back to center.
So I use 3 synths connected to ADAT input on 1/2, 3/4 and 5/6, all stereo. It all works fine in Normal, but in Standalone 1/2 and 3/4 are panned left and 5/6 right.
Should I do something in Total Mix to make them stereo in Standalone mode or there is something I am missing.

Re: Babyface Pro FS - ADAT in Standalone

Panorama is not available in standalone, page 91 user manual.
how about assuming input channels 7/8 are right panned too, gives you 4 left 4 right, why not simply connecting the synths there ?
Use inputs 1/5, 2/6, 3/7, 4/8...

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by bsfreq 2023-03-16 22:17:12)

waedi wrote:

Use inputs 1/5, 2/6, 3/7, 4/8...

This, and if you want to record to daw without changing where those synths are physically connected, you can simply:

-Set adat inputs as mono in TMFX
-Route adat in 1 (panned to L)  + adat in 5 (panned to right) to adat 1/2 etc.
-Enable loopback on that adat output, and route the other synths the same way to adat 3/4, 5/6 etc..

This way you'll still get the synths as linked stereochannels to your daw in case you need to.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Hi

The Babyface pro FS doesn't have a standalone mode in the same manner as other RME interfaces where Totalmix routings can be stored to the unit. It is more like a fixed working mode. But anyway, I almost can't believe the ADAT channels aren't set as four stereo pairs...?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Well there is no right way to set the pan for everybody, me I would expect it to be 8 panned to centre mono channels, because it are individual mics here. But I don't use standalone so no issue for me, just to show that we really need an option to pan in stand alone mode if possible.
My solution would be to attach the smallest cheapest laptop or tablet to run totalmix on if I needed to pan. Luckily your solution is easier with using 1/5 2/6 etc.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632