1 (edited by tomylee 2023-03-20 11:01:33)

Topic: Fireface 802 does not remember sample-rate after disconnect

hi there!

this might be minor but it causes issues in my setup, I switched running a 802 from firewire to usb due to a system upgrade (yeah most of us go m1 now..) and now the fireface, which is my master clock for a whole bunch of interfaces (raydat, apollos etc). I have it set to 48khz and it stays there as long as it has power and is connected to the mac, but when I switch everything off, take the macbook away and come back later, it always sets itself back to 44.1khz (effectively) even though the 48khz are still selected, the first time it happened it almost made me go nuts as I could not figure out the problem, turns out I need to set the 802 to 44.1khz manually, and then switch it back to 48khz so it takes notice of my wish to stay at 48khz all the time.

unfortunately after a disconnect it reverts back to 44.1khz, can this be fixed? I'm not sure if it would do the same with a firewire connection, but with an old mac pro via firewire there were no such issues, the new one does not have firewire so I can't test this right away.

macbook pro m1max
802 firmware v14 Driver v3.28
macos 12.6.3

Re: Fireface 802 does not remember sample-rate after disconnect

You can still use Firewire through adapters.

1. Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) till Thunderbolt 2-adapter ->
2. Apple Thunderbolt-till-FireWire-adapter ->
3. Firewire 800 to Firewire 400 cable.

Re: Fireface 802 does not remember sample-rate after disconnect

it's a lot of money in adapters, and I don't even know it's the problem, or the m1 or something. would be nice if it would work via usb, it's a driver issue/nuisance.