Topic: FF400 reverts to stereo from 7.1 or 5.1 on Win 11 reboot

Hi guys,

I know this issue has been mentioned for various devices, it seems like they all got driver updates to lock the unit to 7.1, but I can't see any such thing for the fireface 400.

I've tried coming up with a batch file to run a regedit to change it back to 7.1, which half works, the sound stays in stereo, but if i open up "configure" for the device, it shows 7.1 selected, then if i click "cancel", the 7.1 works straight away. I've tried changing device to another and back to the FF400 and disabling and re-enabling the device, but neither seem to do the trick.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Re: FF400 reverts to stereo from 7.1 or 5.1 on Win 11 reboot

Well, quick update, of course I find a solution within minutes of finally asking for help!

I downloaded "soundvolumeview" (tiny command line program from nircmd folks), then created a batch file in the same folder it's saved to that just has;

SoundVolumeView.exe /RunAsAdmin /SetSpeakersConfig "{0.0.0.00000000}.{4a900ec7-81a2-4a58-9a08-83c7fcbc7432}" 0x63f 0x63f 0x63f

(to make a batch file, just make a new text document, put in the line of code you need, save it and change the extension from .txt to .bat)

Where the string of numbers and letters is my device ID, as shown in soundvolumeview, and the 0x63f bit is for 7.1, this is also shown in soundvolumeview, and if you want another format then just change to what you want in windows sound panel configuration and look in the speakers config column.

I just set that run at startup, and voila, no more having to dig my way into settings on every reboot!