Topic: Digiface to ferrousfish pulse 16 and AdI-2 Pro FS R BE

My previous set up was an old UFX interface into a Ferrofish 16 through adat. I used the  eight in and outs of the UFX as my main ins and outs and 8 of the ferrfish's ins for my extra external gear.

Well, I sold my old UFX and just added the channels back by adding a digiface to access all the Pulse's 16 ins and outs. I'm currently using four of those outs for monitoring.

Is it possible to use the ADI-2 Pro FSR for those outs instead? For example just use the ferrofish for the inputs and use the 2 outs of the ADI Pro as my main out , all through the Digiface's adats?

Or is it just redundant? If the ADI had one more set of Adats, I would sell the digiface also but unfortunately it doesn't.  I'm just gassing for that AK4493 chip. smile

2 (edited by ramses 2023-03-09 22:10:28)

Re: Digiface to ferrousfish pulse 16 and AdI-2 Pro FS R BE

Digiface USB?
Connect the ADI-2 Pro to one of the free ADAT outputs.
Make ADI-2 Pro to clock slave to get clock via ADAT IN.
In TM FX assign the proper output channel to "Main out". Check the routing for main out.

See my blog for an example:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … our-Setup/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Digiface USB?
Connect the ADI-2 Pro to one of the free ADAT outputs.
Make ADI-2 Pro to clock slave to get clock via ADAT IN.
In TM FX assign the proper output channel to "Main out". Check the routing for main out.

See my blog for an example:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … our-Setup/

Geesus....Dude what a reply. This explains absolutely everything. I was confused by whether it needed to be connected to the PC through USB or not and you answered that as well. I also didn't know whether it needed to be master of slave or not and it makes since to have it as a slave clock because of the ADI- steady clock. So, with your example and diagram,  the only thing that would be different in my set up is that the Ferrofish would also be connected to my interface via adat and all the ins would then go through the ADI-2.... ???

Brilliant.

This way you get only 2 channels. If you use one of the DF USB outputs as SPDIF and buy a cheap optical to coax converter then you would be able to have 4 different channels out of the ADI-2 Pro, as both Main Out and Phones Out have their own source selector.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

This way you get only 2 channels. If you use one of the DF USB outputs as SPDIF and buy a cheap optical to coax converter then you would be able to have 4 different channels out of the ADI-2 Pro, as both Main Out and Phones Out have their own source selector.

Would this work also? Hosa ODL-312 S/PDIF Optical to AES/EBU Digital Audio Interface
Optical S/PDIF (Toslink) to AES/EBU (XLR) Format Converter Box