Topic: Help me please with installing driver for Babyface Pro fs

Hello! I have problems installing the driver for the RME Babyface Pro Fs sound card. The installation process begins, a couple of windows appear and everything stops there and the driver is not installed. How to solve the problem? I turned off antivirus.

2 (edited by ramses 2023-03-26 16:24:17)

Re: Help me please with installing driver for Babyface Pro fs

It would be useful to provide the usual minimum of support information, thank you very much.

OS?
Which driver?
Perhaps a screenshot of what messages appear during installation.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

It would be useful to provide the usual minimum of support information, thank you very much.

OS?
Which driver?
Perhaps a screenshot of what messages appear during installation.

Windows 11
Version 1.227.
No screnshots because installation process stopped without any erros in start of installation

4 (edited by ramses 2023-03-26 17:12:09)

Manual ch 7.1 describes possible reasons why a Babyface Pro is not found automatically.

Did you check this already?

- The Babyface Pro is in Class Compliant mode.
- The USB port is not active in the system (check the Device Manager)
- The USB cable is not, or not correctly inserted into the socket
- The Babyface Pro does not receive any or not enough power, use external power supply

Special attention to the point whether BBF Pro is in Class Compliant mode, see manual ch 32.2
"On a Windows PC, Class Compliant mode is indicated by a missing “RME“ in the device name shown in the Device Manager. In the correct mode (PC) and with installed drivers, the full name including RME is shown, without serial number."

You could also check whether
- BBF Pro's USB ASIO driver has been put in Windows Autostart (see task manager)
- RME ASIO USB driver and TotalMix FX.exe have been installed into C:\Windows\system32 folder

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Manual ch 7.1 describes possible reasons why a Babyface Pro is not found automatically.

Did you check this already?

- The Babyface Pro is in Class Compliant mode.
- The USB port is not active in the system (check the Device Manager)
- The USB cable is not, or not correctly inserted into the socket
- The Babyface Pro does not receive any or not enough power, use external power supply

Special attention to the point whether BBF Pro is in Class Compliant mode, see manual ch 32.2
"On a Windows PC, Class Compliant mode is indicated by a missing “RME“ in the device name shown in the Device Manager. In the correct mode (PC) and with installed drivers, the full name including RME is shown, without serial number."

You could also check whether
- BBF Pro's USB ASIO driver has been put in Windows Autostart (see task manager)
- RME ASIO USB driver and TotalMix FX.exe have been installed into C:\Windows\system32 folder

1. Must I turn Babyface to Class Compliant Mode? If yes so how?
2. "The Babyface Pro does not receive any or not enough power, use external power supply". Leds are on.
3. BBF Pro's USB ASIO driver has been put in Windows Autostart (see task manager)
    There is no driver in Windows AUtostart because of installation fault.
4. RME ASIO USB driver and TotalMix FX.exe have been installed into C:\Windows\system32 folder
     There is no USB Driver because of installation fault.

I changed to Normal Mode. But there is nothing happened.

7 (edited by ramses 2023-03-26 17:46:43)

The BBF Pro may not be in CC mode. The manual describes how to activate / deactivate CC mode.

I am a little bit confused regarding your description claiming
    "everything stops there and the driver is not installed"
and
    "No screnshots because installation process stopped without any erros in start of installation"

Usually .. if there is an error it should be displayed and then you can make a screenshot of it.
But if it is the case as you say "there is not anything displayed",
how do you come to the idea to claimed no driver was installed at all?

You should maybe 1st of all check, whether the Babyface Pro is properly connected through USB and recognized as audio interface. If no interface is being detected, then no driver will be loaded. Are you aware of that?

If the LEDs of the Babyface are lit, then it could still be the case that power is maybe not fully sufficient.
If you find no other error, use external power supply.
My strong suggestion: use an external power supply so that you can be 100% sure, that it is not such an issue and exclude this point as root cause for issues.

So, I would suggest you check Windows device manager, whether the Babyface Pro is being recognized or not.
And please send a screenshot from it, thanks.

If you do not know how to send screenshot .. its the usual thing, place screenshot to cloud and link URL to picture to this forum, put img tags around the URL. In detail described here in my Blog: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … rum-EN-DE/

Edited my posting, please re-read #7 thanks.

ramses wrote:

The BBF Pro may not be in CC mode. The manual describes how to activate / deactivate CC mode.

I am a little bit confused regarding your description claiming
    "everything stops there and the driver is not installed"
and
    "No screnshots because installation process stopped without any erros in start of installation"

Usually .. if there is an error it should be displayed and then you can make a screenshot of it.
But if it is the case as you say "there is not anything displayed",
how do you come to the idea to claimed no driver was installed at all?

You should maybe 1st of all check, whether the Babyface Pro is properly connected through USB and recognized as audio interface. If no interface is being detected, then no driver will be loaded. Are you aware of that?

If the LEDs of the Babyface are lit, then it could still be the case that power is maybe not fully sufficient.
If you find no other error, use external power supply.
My strong suggestion: use an external power supply so that you can be 100% sure, that it is not such an issue and exclude this point as root cause for issues.

So, I would suggest you check Windows device manager, whether the Babyface Pro is being recognized or not.
And please send a screenshot from it, thanks.

If you do not know how to send screenshot .. its the usual thing, place screenshot to cloud and link URL to picture to this forum, put img tags around the URL. In detail described here in my Blog: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … rum-EN-DE/

Yesterday, when I connected Babyface Pro, a message appeared on Windows that it was connected. I started the driver installation process. It began to appear and immediately disappeared some window and nothing else happened. There are no Babyface audio devices in Device Manager. And today, when Babyface is connected, a message stating that it is connected does not appear anymore.

10 (edited by ramses 2023-03-26 18:24:19)

Then you need to evaluate, why the device is not recognized anymore.

What computer do you have?

Try all USB2 and USB3 ports until BBF Pro is visible in device manager again.

If this does not work, can you try with another USB2 cable, maybe the cable is not ok.

Do you have another computer to try whether BBF Pro works there?

To be on the safe side, I would order an external PSU for BBF Pro.
It's not that expensive, but useful for troubleshooting such things. It is lockable. After (complete) insertion of the plug, lock it by turning it so that it remains inserted in the final position and does not accidentally slip out.
https://www.thomann.de/de/rme_ntcardbus_x.htm

ramses wrote:

If this does not work, can you try with another USB2 cable, maybe the cable is not ok.

It's not that expensive, but useful for troubleshooting such things. It is lockable. After (complete) insertion of the plug, lock it by turning it so that it remains inserted in the final position and does not accidentally slip out.

Asus Q536FD. Now I connected to UCB-C and message is appeared - Babyface pro Fs is redy to use.

ygrodz wrote:
ramses wrote:

Asus Q536FD. Now I connected to UCB-C and message is appeared - Babyface pro Fs is ready to use.

But driver installation is fault until now. Installation is starting and not finishing.

ygrodz wrote:
ygrodz wrote:
ramses wrote:

Asus Q536FD. Now I connected to UCB-C and message is appeared - Babyface pro Fs is ready to use.

But driver installation is fault until now. Installation is starting and not finishing.

And Ableton Live and STudio One dont see BBF Pro

Installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2015 starts and all - there is nothing happen else

In the Bluetooth section and devices in the subsection Other devices there is Babyface Pro FS but a driver error is written

A screenshot would be useful so that RME and others can see what you see.

ramses wrote:

A screenshot would be useful so that RME and others can see what you see.

A screenshot of what?

See your posting #15 to which I replied.

https://ibb.co/DLgdVZ0

This doesn't look like the "normal" Windows Device manager anymore.
Doesn't Win11 still have the normal one available, last time I checked it was still there.

Other idea, did you execute the RME installer as Administrator?
Right click to the file and then "Run or execute as Administrator"
Maybe the proper Admin privileges were missing for the installation.

21 (edited by ebmmbongo 2023-03-26 20:09:05)

Hello
That is what it looks like in cc mode. Unplug, Hold down dim and Select, then plug in again and you should be fine to install drivers. Manual page 88.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Don’t use cc mode in windows. Silly question but is the usb cable fully into the bfp? I know people don’t push it fully in. It’s easy to make this mistake.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

ramses wrote:

This doesn't look like the "normal" Windows Device manager anymore.
Doesn't Win11 still have the normal one available, last time I checked it was still there.

Other idea, did you execute the RME installer as Administrator?
Right click to the file and then "Run or execute as Administrator"
Maybe the proper Admin privileges were missing for the installation.

Yes I tried to run with Admin privileges - no changes

New error in device manager - driver is not available

See posting #21 .. seems to be in CC mode (driverless installation).

This is only applicable for Linux or iPAD for Windows and Apple where you have drivers and want to use drivers and TotalMix FX you need to deactivate CC mode.

I told you already, but it appears that you did not understand the objective, no problem, but please go ahead now and deactivate CC mode.

26 (edited by mkok 2023-03-26 20:50:22)

Have you tried a different usb port? I don’t use the small usb c type cable that came with it I use the other one supplied as it’s a lot more robust. The bfp is only usb 2 so it’s fine.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

https://ibb.co/PjS6ctG

Now Babyface in the audio devices section (with serial number). But there is message that newest driver is already installed (usb audio 2)

mkok wrote:

Have you tried a different usb port? I don’t use the small usb c type cable that came with it I use the other one supplied as it’s a lot more robust. The bfp is only usb 2 so it’s fine.

I tried all USB ports.  Now Babyface is appeared in audio devices but installation process doest not proceed propely.
https://ibb.co/R0np2nH

After this screen doesn`t happens else.

29 (edited by ebmmbongo 2023-03-26 21:13:02)

ygrodz wrote:

https://ibb.co/PjS6ctG

Now Babyface in the audio devices section (with serial number). But there is message that newest driver is already installed (usb audio 2)

Hey!
It is STILL in CC mode! You need to switch it to normal mode, as I described in #21!

When you have switched, it will show up at the same place but the name will now begin with "RME"

Weird. But I do everything as you say. Hold Dim and Select, then connect. Device Manager displays Babyface Pro without RME first

31 (edited by ebmmbongo 2023-03-26 21:32:58)

ygrodz wrote:

Weird. But I do everything as you say. Hold Dim and Select, then connect. Device Manager displays Babyface Pro without RME first

When you plug the usb in, the display will show PC or CC, and you want PC.

This is what the BF should look like when you plug it in while holding down SELECT and DIM:

https://ibb.co/NSKCHxn

ebmmbongo wrote:
ygrodz wrote:

This is what the BF should look like when you plug it in while holding down SELECT and DIM:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO … Fk4rHZn1yE

The requested URL could not be found on this server. There's no other information.

ygrodz wrote:
ebmmbongo wrote:
ygrodz wrote:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO … Fk4rHZn1yE

The requested URL could not be found on this server. There's no other information.

Give me a minute...

34 (edited by ebmmbongo 2023-03-26 21:32:28)

It should look like this:
https://ibb.co/NSKCHxn

NOT like this:
https://ibb.co/TPMWVnX

And once you have it in PC mode, you should NOT touch any buttons while powering up.