Topic: Disabling red standby light

Is there a way of disabling red standby light on adi-2 dac fs without unplugging the unit from mains or using dark mode?
That light shines brighter than the eye of Sauron, and it makes my room look like gigeresque nightmare while I'm trying to sleep.

Re: Disabling red standby light

Sebastian.Athea wrote:

Is there a way of disabling red standby light on adi-2 dac ...

• Black felt pen.
• Switched power strip.

None of those two are "convenient" especially when we know it can be done in firmware since unit shuts down all of it's lights in dark mode., Just give us the option under display settings please.

Untrue. The standby light is not steered from the firmware as FPGA is not working in that mode. And it is not that bright - I find this description quite over-exaggerated.

The black pen as non-permanent type might be a good solution. Otherwise there exist stickers to dim LED lights, two examples here:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08Q341C4F/

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00CLVQG68/

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yeah I use stickers from lightdims.com for over bright LEDs in the studio, they work really well.

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

6 (edited by mr.r 2023-04-02 21:45:09)

A way to turn LEDs off is always a good thing. I can understand the request from Sebastian.Athea.

Consider that it's about a device in a room which is used to sleep. Even a dim LED can be too much light in a dark room.

A stickers is a workaround certainly. I wonder if it can create heat problems for the LED when you use stickers? Should you use these special stickers or can you use any type of sticker even thicker ones?

7 (edited by KaiS 2023-04-02 22:33:48)

mr.r wrote:

A way to turn LEDs off is always a good thing. ...

A stickers is a workaround certainly. I wonder if it can create heat problems for the LED when you use stickers? Should you use these special stickers or can you use any type of sticker even thicker ones?

No heat problem, the used power is very low.
Any sticker works, what about a smiley smile

8 (edited by mr.r 2023-04-08 11:13:26)

smile

I join those who ask for a review of the standby management of the LED light. I recently bought the spectacular ADI2 DAC FS, an excellent product studied in every detail but here you slipped on a banana peel. The operating logic needs to be changed. You have to dim the standby brightness or be able to manage the brightness of the LED. Also very convenient autodark but it is illogical that everything is off. In summary, in standby, a soft light is also present in autodark with another color. Think about it. In the dark it is annoying and a lot. Thank you

Leonedelpo wrote:

... You have to dim the standby brightness or be able to manage the brightness of the LED. Also very convenient autodark but it is illogical that everything is off. In summary, in standby, a soft light is also present in autodark with another color. ...

The hardware does not have the option to dim the light, so firmware update won‘t change this.

The only help you can get: use the sticker mentioned above.

It might be easy going to sleep in another room...

I would like to have these problems...