Topic: Baby face pro FS + digi face Mac m1

Currently using a baby face pro fs with adat in from octa pre .. loving the set up and don’t want to downgrade to an older rme unit to achieve more inputs .. based on what I read is it safe to say that I can buy a digi face run 2 adat converters into it and sync it to my baby face pro ?

Also I’m aware I can make an aggregate device on my Mac and if so can the baby face and digi face run  as one interface with a single instance of total mix effects ?

From what I read it seems possible .. would b thankful for a a clarification so I can go ahead and buy a digi face. I understand I could run the digi face by itself but I really want to keep my midi going out of baby face !

Thanks in advance

Re: Baby face pro FS + digi face Mac m1

Hi
If I understand what you want do do:
No it won't work like that, you cand "add" ADAT inputs to the Babyface using the single ADAT in for the digiface, and you cannot relay MIDI through ADAT from the BF to the digiface.
The rest, no Idea as I am on PC.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Re: Baby face pro FS + digi face Mac m1

Hi
No, it isn't possible to have one single instance of Totalmix for two (or more) interfaces. That's because TotalMix is not only an application on the computer. TotalMix is integrated in the hardware itself. The app is there to have an user interface to control it. Anyway you can do the aggregate device, but you would have separate TotalMix windows for each.
If you don't need the audio channels from the Babyface pro FS but only these over ADAT, you could use the Digiface (with connected ADAT devices) as audio interface and the Babyface for MIDI only. Of course it's sort of waste...

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2