1 (edited by ucxguy 2021-04-11 17:04:11)

Topic: Total Mix Remote for Windows 10 laptop

trying to set up and use Total Mix Remote for windows...I am using Windows 10 for my main PC and my laptop PC... did I read correctly that this would not work wirelessly?   the first error message I got was "Network Remote can not startup on selected port"  Port was 7009... I changed to 7010...and now the Total Mix window opens,  but the next error message is No UDP data...check firewall settings... I checked the list of approved programs in the Windows Defender Program and Total Mix is listed and checked...   The title bar of the Total Mix Remote window just keeps saying "offline"...Not sure what to do now... any ideas?   thanks for any and all suggestions...

Re: Total Mix Remote for Windows 10 laptop

The Remote can NOT run on the computer where the host (TM FX + audio interface) is running. That's probably why the port was blocked. Using the remote on your laptop as 'remote control' should work if the audio interface is with the main PC.

OR you did not change both host and remote to 7010?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I certainly understand that the Remote Total Mix can not run on the host computer... I am using my home Windows 10 PC with my RME UFXII,  and was trying to use the Remote Total mix for Windows, on my Windows 10 Laptop PC... I changed the port so that they matched on both PC's, but like I said,  I get the UDP data error message... I am able to use the Remote Total MIX for IOS, with my Apple Ipad and it works just fine... was just trying to get it to work with my laptop... any other suggestions would be appreciated... thank you... Love my RME interfaces (UFXII and UCX ) and I love Total MIX...

That error usually means that there is still a firewall active on input or output. Check the laptop and the host Firewall settings for TM FX and TM Remote.

Another possbility is your router. It might have a setting that prevents UDP messages from being transferred.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, Matthias... I will investigate further with my router and follow up...but it will probably be at least a few days... or more... thanks again...

ucxguy wrote:

I certainly understand that the Remote Total Mix can not run on the host computer... I am using my home Windows 10 PC with my RME UFXII,  and was trying to use the Remote Total mix for Windows, on my Windows 10 Laptop PC... I changed the port so that they matched on both PC's, but like I said,  I get the UDP data error message... I am able to use the Remote Total MIX for IOS, with my Apple Ipad and it works just fine... was just trying to get it to work with my laptop... any other suggestions would be appreciated... thank you... Love my RME interfaces (UFXII and UCX ) and I love Total MIX...

I had this same issue, I could not establish a connection on "7009" when entering the correct IP address. Unfortunately, RME neglects to point out that a normal Windows system will block a connection of this type via the default Firewall settings. In order to establish the connection. You'll need to first go in to Windows Defender Firewall and click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.' Search for TotalMix FX and click allow. This will allow the connection to be made so long as your Port and IP address match.