Topic: UFX II Update questions

Hi,
   Started with a digi9632 I think in 98 or 99’. Actually, Mathias helped me select the card for my system back then. Good to see RME still taking care of customers.
  Anyway, I just ordered a UFX II and it should be here this Wednesday. I was looking through site at the software updates for the unit. My question is should I install from the disc that comes with the UFX II or would I better off just installing the driver, firmware and other updates posted and just forget the included disc?

Thanks,
Bill

UFX II, DP 11, Win 10

2 (edited by ramses 2023-04-03 05:54:05)

Re: UFX II Update questions

Hi Bill,

I recommend you to install the latest driver and then to flash the device with the latest firmware from the web server.

The driver also installs TotalMix FX (the latest version "bundled with the driver").

The latest firmware offers new features and fixes any kind of bugs that will certainly be beneficial for the device and your work. The archive contains a "readme.txt" file, which you can inspect first, which contains a list of changes for each of the devices that are supported by this fut tool.

Once you execute the fut tool, it will tell you, whether an upgrade is required.
If the programming status is "up-to-date", then you are fine, otherwise click the "update" button.

Installation order:

You need to install the driver first to be able to use the flash update tool (fut-tool) to install the latest firmware.

Latest (Beta-) versions of TotalMix FX

The driver installs the latest version of TotalMix FX when the new driver was released, but work on TotalMix FX will carry on…

So from time to time, you will see in the TotalMix FX sub-forum postings about new TotalMix FX Beta or release versions.
It will take some time until the latest version will be bundled with the driver.
If you intend to test a Beta version or to update to the latest release version, you need to do perform installation manually.
See installation instructions there (you only need to quit TM FX and then to replace the old with the new binary).

What I do to test a new Beta: save it to the desktop, quit TotalMix FX, start the new binary from the desktop.
By this, you do not need to overwrite the TotalMix FX binary that was installed by the driver.

The latest TotalMix FX version is 1.80.

Manual

I would also use the latest manual from the web server, as they are being updated if needed.
The manual contains information on how to install drivers and firmware for Windows (ch 6) and Mac OS X (ch 13).

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ufx2_d.pdf
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ufx2_e.pdf

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: UFX II Update questions

Thanks Ramses!

UFX II, DP 11, Win 10