1 (edited by ruff 2023-04-05 17:07:59)

Topic: Volume fading in when switching from Main Output 1/2 to PH 1/2

Hey guys, just got my AD-2 Pro FS R BE, there is one issue I couldn't find the answer anywhere:
I have 2 sets of monitors, one plugged to 1/2 in the rear and the other to PH 1/2, I set it up in a way where I can switch between them with a long press on the volume knob. The thing that bothers me a little is that every time you switch between them the level starts from a very low level and then fades in, I understand that it's a protection thing, but can I disable it somehow?

Thanks

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

2 (edited by KaiS 2023-04-04 23:48:21)

Re: Volume fading in when switching from Main Output 1/2 to PH 1/2

It‘s exactly that:

A protection that gives you a chance to grab the Volume button and turn it down, in case.
Specially ADI-2‘s headphones outputs are powerful enough to be capable to break most headphones, and really hurt the ears.

An option to switch the protection off is not provided.

Thanks for the reply, I understand and it's a great feature for headphones, but it also happens when I use the monitor outputs, in that case I'm not sure how useful it is.

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

The fade-in is quick enough to be a problem. If for wahtever reason you need instant swithing then you should use an external monitor switcher. Not expensive.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME