Topic: Install ADI-2 Pro FS drivers & Firmware on Mac Studio Ventura OS

OK ... I surrender! Is detailed instructions for updating ADI-2 Pro FS running on Mac Studio Ventura (latest rev as of today)? I have seen and tried instructions on RME's Website.

Is there a TotalMix for the ADI-2 Pro FS? I think not but curious. The update above installs drivers, firmware, DigiCheck and so forth correct?

This happens on two fronts right? Mac and ADI-2. Is there a specific order? I've done this 2-3 times, and the ADI-2 continues runing on the previous version.

Is this trick? I can't be one of few with this problem?

Thanks

GrievousAngel
Live Sound & Recording Studio Owner
Severely influenced by Rock'n Roll!
ADI-2 Pro FS

Re: Install ADI-2 Pro FS drivers & Firmware on Mac Studio Ventura OS

There is no driver, the ADI-2 Series converters are only working as Class Compliant USB Audio interfaces for Mac OS. You can use the FUT to update the internal firmware, but if it already has current firmware then nothing changes.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK

1. Can I use DigiCheck on Venturra? Link to download? Is DigiCheck a different download and install from Firmware?

2. How do I update the ADI-2 Pro FS firmware? Sequence of updating and power down/up?

I am trying to get on the same 'page' in terms of ADI-2 firmware & downloads such as DigiCheck. Between the ADI-2 manual instructions and RME's Website & Support/Forum assistance, one may get slightly different how-tos.

I use my ADI-2 Pro FS for personal listening as well as studio mastering and playback.

Thanks for the help.;

Billy

GrievousAngel
ADI-2 Pro FS

Digicheck NG for Mac : https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/digi … c_0891.zip

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by ramses 2023-04-05 17:41:38)

grievousangel wrote:

OK
2. How do I update the ADI-2 Pro FS firmware? Sequence of updating and power down/up?

It's in the manual. Driver installation, then firmware update.

After firmware update, best one device reset, see:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 51#p200251

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

No driver required (or available) on the Mac.. :-)

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

7 (edited by ramses 2023-04-06 15:29:47)

RME Support wrote:

No driver required (or available) on the Mac.. :-)

Oh sorry, had it wrong in my memory, though that it was required there as well :-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Referring to DigiCheck:

I have it loaded and it opens in Ventura. However the levels are reflecting the noise floor, not my ADI-2 program signal.

Understand, I have not successfully updated the ADI-2 firmware. I have attempted the update 3-4 times.

To update ADI-2 Pro FS running on a Mac Studio M1 Ventura (brief steps)
The ADI-2 Pro FS is powered off.
1. Boot Ventura to Safe Mode (I guess it is called).
2. Go to Setting and Allow RME to modify its core. Then on to Security, I have never seen the Allow reference to RME or ADI. The general Allow was checked.
3. However I continue on my Mac.
4. Mac is still in its primal mode.
5. ADI is still Off.
I am not certain which way is the correct way (Step 6 on)?
6. Boot Ventura.
7. After booting to Ventura and it is alive, I power up the ADI-2. However ... should I Power on as normal or should I hold both the top small knob and big Volume Knob in, then Power On? When should I release the two maintained knobs? Just after Power up or when the first display occurs?

Why am I not able to update the ADI-2 Pro FS firmware?

Off topic: I purchased a RME IR Remote ($85USD) thinking my ADI-2 Pro FS supported the IR Remote! Well ... It looks like I was wrong. RME, can the IR Remote be paired with my ADS-2 PRO FS?

Thanks for your assistance,

Billy

GrievousAngel
ADI-2 Pro FS

9 (edited by KaiS 2023-04-07 06:18:42)

grievousangel wrote:

... I power up the ADI-2. However ... should I Power on as normal or should I hold both the top small knob and big Volume Knob in, then Power On? When should I release the two maintained knobs? Just after Power up or when the first display occurs?

An ADI-2 reset is done by, while powering up, holding the VOL BUTTON, (NOT the VOLUME Dial) and Encoder 1, until you see the message “Reset Done”.

grievousangel wrote:

Why am I not able to update the ADI-2 Pro FS firmware?

If nothing helps, find any PC, install the driver and do the firmware update there.
No special measures to be taken, definitely more straight forward.

grievousangel wrote:

Referring to DigiCheck:
I have it loaded and it opens in Ventura. However the levels are reflecting the noise floor, not my ADI-2 program signal.

So you see the input signal, which is expected. Did you open the Input Selection window to set the channels that you want to monitor (right click on the respective instrument)? With the ADI DC NG can not access the playback data directly, you need to use the ADI's newer Loopback function - I assume that is why you want to update the firmware.

grievousangel wrote:

Understand, I have not successfully updated the ADI-2 firmware. I have attempted the update 3-4 times.

Why?

grievousangel wrote:

2. Go to Setting and Allow RME to modify its core. Then on to Security, I have never seen the Allow reference to RME or ADI. The general Allow was checked.

These are driver installation steps, and there is no driver here! Nor does the readme of the FUT tell you to do this.

grievousangel wrote:

5. ADI is still Off.
6. Boot Ventura.
7. After booting to Ventura and it is alive, I power up the ADI-2. However ... should I Power on as normal or should I hold both the top small knob and big Volume Knob in, then Power On? When should I release the two maintained knobs? Just after Power up or when the first display occurs?

Start your Mac fullly normal, connect and start the ADI, then start the FUT. Easy as that.

grievousangel wrote:

Off topic: I purchased a RME IR Remote ($85USD) thinking my ADI-2 Pro FS supported the IR Remote! Well ... It looks like I was wrong. RME, can the IR Remote be paired with my ADS-2 PRO FS?

No way. Remote sensor was added in the R version later.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
grievousangel wrote:

Referring to DigiCheck:

So you see the input signal, which is expected. Did you open the Input Selection window to set the channels that you want to monitor (right click on the respective instrument)?
Yes

With the ADI DC NG can not access the playback data directly, you need to use the ADI's newer Loopback function - I assume that is why you want to update the firmware.
I have a ADI-2 PRO fs. Showing my lack of RME 'meaningful understanding', how does ADI DC NG relate to the ADI-2 Pro fs?

grievousangel wrote:

Why?
RME Website instructions steps included that (if I understood correctly).

grievousangel wrote:

These are driver installation steps, and there is no driver here! Nor does the readme of the FUT tell you to do this.
At least from my perspective, the ADI-2 PRO FS update instructions are not very clear. For someone that knows the ADI product line, I am sure they are crystal clear. I understood that was the required steps to update the firmware. I do understand what you are saying though.

grievousangel wrote:

5. ADI is still Off.
6. Boot Ventura.

Start your Mac fullly normal, connect and start the ADI, then start the FUT. Easy as that.
That is no doubt easy moves. Why are there so many sorted update instructions for the ADI-2 Pro FS running on a Mac using Ventura or Monterey?

grievousangel wrote:

No way. Remote sensor was added in the R version later.
I should I researched it more. My fault. I assume the R version can not be added to a non-R version?

In summary:
1. I am not clear about ADI DC NG as related to my ADI-2 Pro FS. Please explain further or point to a related link.
2. 'Start your Mac fullly normal, connect and start the ADI, then start the FUT. Easy as that.' I will certainly do this. I understand this, I was somehow mislead by not fully understanding the different Website instructions. RME may could improve clarity on the procedures since there are several. Please point to the related link.

Thanks for your assistance.

Billy

GrievousAngel
ADI-2 Pro FS

Thanks to all for your help. I think it's in hand now. Later

GrievousAngel
ADI-2 Pro FS