Topic: Mac Ventura does not recognize FF UC

I have been using the FF UC with my win machine for years and am super happy with it. A few weeks ago I bought a Macbook with M1 processor and I have since not been able to connect the FF to the laptop.

I have tried a few things, including the reduced security suggestion, but simply put: the FF remains invisible. The connection cable to the macbook works. I tested it with a midi device which was recognized immediately.

Installed the latest firmware (1.38) and latest drivers are all present on the macbook

Re: Mac Ventura does not recognize FF UC

You forgot to change the UC into APple mode? Double pusk on the encoder with no USB connected...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by earlabs 2023-04-08 13:10:00)

Thanks for your reply MC!!

When I first did that (double push) it very quickly said: AP. But now, when I double click the rotary encoder it only switches between channel and level. No matter how fast or slow I double push. No connection to computer and also after rebooting of FF. And long-push toggles between on and of.

On my win machine the RME is now not visible.... (aaargh!) and even when disconnected the led next to 'HOST' is lighted.

Then it is in AP mode now, and you can start to install driver etc etc again. Or did you set it into AP already at the very begining?

The reason it no longer works might be that the knob has moved a bit down the shaft, so now touches the front panel. Carefully try to pull it 'out' a bit, then it should work again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think I'll have to postpone because it seems my cable isn't okay? Went to the store and everyone was freaking out I needed a USB B to USB A cable (hilarious). THanks for your support so far!!

6 (edited by earlabs 2023-04-08 17:38:02)

Another check.
Reconnected to PC. The red LED is on. When I disconnect and reconnect  the USB for a moment the LED is off. During that time (15 seconds?), when I double click the rotary the display says AP. But I am unable to change it to PC. So, I am stuck atm.

Changing the mode is only possible without USB connected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Fixed!!! Thanks!!