Topic: New Macbook Pro with Windows AND Madiface???

Hi,
did anybody made some tests with the new (Alu) Macbook Pro and Win XP/Vista and the RME Madiface or Digiface already? I am really interested in this kombination!
So pleasy post your results!

Thanks.

Best,
Fabian

Fabian Frank - Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR
www.arcantus-musikproduktion.de
www.arcantus.de

Re: New Macbook Pro with Windows AND Madiface???

Hi Fabian, I am interested in this combination as well.  So far the madiface has worked great on my bootcamped mbp(tiger) in both OS - but its the original Duo Core version, not the latest model.  If I find out more, I'll try and post here.

nobody???
:-(

Best,

Fabian

www.arcantus.de

FFrank wrote:

Hi,
did anybody made some tests with the new (Alu) Macbook Pro and Win XP/Vista and the RME Madiface or Digiface already? I am really interested in this kombination!
So pleasy post your results!

Thanks.

Best,
Fabian

HI Fabian,
Exactly which model?
There are allot of models in the current line of Mac Book Pros the 15" have very very different hardware than the 17' one.
At the moment the 17" are still basically the previous models hardware but will soon probably be based on the same hardware as the 15" models which use the Montevina chip set like many of the current PC laptops for better or worse.
The Mac Books are even more of a mixed bag of models.

We are hopefully gonna be getting a 15" to see how it works with variuos audio gear but I don't know what the time frame on that will be.

Chris

Chris Ludwig | ADK Pro Audio
www.adkproaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/adkmg

I have one of the new (late) 2008 Macbook PRO 15" models.
I plan to test FF400 with it during the next weeks.

P

Hi,
i was talking about the new MBP unibody 15".
Would like to have some Information about FF400 and Madiface kompatibility.
It is really sad, that they do not have eSATA :-(

Fabian

www.arcantus.de

Yeah, it would be great with eSata.
But with Madiface you have fw800 to connect disks.
And with FF400/800 you can use an eSata eXpresscard

First tests with FF400 looks good.
Coming back with more info.

P

YMMV, but I do not recommend the new Unibody MacBook Pro for use with Boot Camp. I own a 15" Unibody MBP, and have decided to replace it with a Lenovo. The MBP is very fast, has a good screen, and has great aesthetics, but still has some fatal issues. The buttonless trackpad is nearly unusable under boot camp, the machine freezes rock solid periodically, perhaps due to memory issues, and (perhaps inconsequentially) the system clock has to be reset every time the machine is booted up in Windows after running in OS X.