1 (edited by mjfe87 2023-04-05 12:16:21)

Topic: Which driver for M1 Pro Mac? MADIface Pro and XT glitching with v3.27

Hello, I am experiencing glitches when recording to Reaper on macOS 12.6 with both a MADIface XT and Pro, using driver v3.27 and official Apple USB-C adaptors.

Buffer size and clocking is fine, CRC errors on the XT are 0 - is this a known problem and will upgrading to driver v3.28 fix the issue?  Or do I need v4.07?

It reminds me of when Apple messed up their USB-C implementation five years ago and we had to use 'external' USB adaptors.

Thanks in advance...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

2 (edited by waedi 2023-04-05 15:18:13)

Re: Which driver for M1 Pro Mac? MADIface Pro and XT glitching with v3.27

MacbookAir M1 + RME driver 4.07 + Madiface Pro / Babyface / Digiface USB = no glitches or dropouts, it works fine.
Connected with a cheap cable USB-A to USB-C

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

MacbookAir M1 + RME driver 4.07 + Madiface Pro / Babyface / Digiface USB = no glitches or dropouts, it works fine.
Connected with a cheap cable USB-A to USB-C

Thanks. It's not clear from the ReadMe files whether v3.28A or 4.07 is the recommended driver for M1 (inc Max) Macs - can RME advise please?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

There seems to be trouble with the newer DriverKit system (not only for RME), so I would use the legacy v3.28a KEXT driver for now.

You will need to follow the install guide here: https://www.rme-usa.com/rme-macos.html

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.