Topic: Video: 30 sec. loud noise upon power on (FireFace)

Hello,

Upon powering up, the unit makes a loud noise for about 30 seconds, as seen in this video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqE4mIdO41V6jT2zmCSzvYDGA389

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Chuck

Re: Video: 30 sec. loud noise upon power on (FireFace)

Hi Ramses,

No account is needed to watch the video.  Maybe clear your cookies?

The problem occurs without being connected to a computer; the computer is off in the video, and the problem occurs when the FireFace is powered on.

The unit type and software version are visible in the video.

I don't believe this is an issue with noise suppression: a very loud noise (clipping) occurs on one channel, then another, then another, until red bars can be seen across the channels on the display.  It goes on for a full 30 or so seconds, and then suddenly stops.  It is not easy to describe, which is why I posted the video.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Ramses,

It looks like your cookies from a previous login to one of Microsoft's services is causing this issue (as evidenced by the fact that Microsoft has you associated with bitsbytes@gmx.net).  You can solve this problem by either clearing your cookies, or by opening an incognito window (which will have no cookies).

Typical solution: replace the power supply of the UFX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC.

If that's the case, it looks like the unit must be opened, as the power supply is inside.  I've never done this.  Do you have any information regarding which parts I should buy, procedure to follow, etc?

Thanks again,

Chuck

We officially do not support opening units and working on mains/live parts. There are competent technicians that can do this. You can also send the unit in for repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've had a similar sound today with a UFX+ and USB Kernel Extension drivers in Ventura but in a LOGIC session out of the blue.
Almost got a heart attack.
I think I will never use USB again.
Fortunately I still have Thunderbolt ;-)

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X