Topic: HDSPe FX Settings missing Pitch control

Hi all,

In the past I've used my MADI FX pitch control to record a session with musicians performing at a different concert pitch, but then have playback at the right pitch when I set the clock back to normal. I really love this feature and it's saved sessions on numerous occasions.

I went to do this today, and discovered the pitch control isn't there any more! Is that intentional?

I wonder if it could have to do with the following?
I used to have the board in a PC, I'm now running it over usb-c in a Sonnet Echo Express SE1 box on a MacBook Pro.

It's on firmware v91 and driver v1.32 in MacOS Monterey 12.6.

I know it can do it, as it's done it before, but there's just no pitch control there! Any help greatly appreciated!

Re: HDSPe FX Settings missing Pitch control

The new RME interfaces UFX III and the Digiface AES don't have this feature in the user manual.
It seems to vanish.
The DAWs today have pitch-changing and time-stretching features embedded...
Reaper has a playback speed adjustment for the whole song, very easy to use and for free.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by ramses 2023-04-17 21:55:07)

The USB3 transport mode being used does not support this. If you have a computer which supports thunderbolt, then get an UFX+ from used market and connect it through thunderbolt, the RME thunderbolt driver supports pitch.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

> I used to have the board in a PC, I'm now running it over usb-c in a Sonnet Echo Express SE1 box on a MacBook Pro.

Core Audio on the Mac platform does not support varipitch at all (many years ago) or only limited (currently). Windows ASIO does it perfectly. So the Pitch option was removed from all Mac drivers decades ago.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME