Re: TotalMix FX 0.983 Release candidate 6

Excuse me but I'm just posted something in another thread that maybe related to this, http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14713, post #6.
Again apologies if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
eDu

MC wrote:

Still a lot of stuff on our list.

Like trim gain assignable by submix, perhaps?   DeadHorse

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

I might have found two bugs in the interaction of TOSC and TMFX:

(running latest RC versions on OS X 10.7.3 and iPad3)

1.) in the Mixer view, the Pan knobs will only control the panning as displayed in TMFX +/- about 25% of its potential range.  (but in the Channel view, the big pan knob does span the full range.)

2.) When Post FX metering is selected in TMFX, the meters in TOSC still display Pre FX levels. 

...long time reader, first time poster.  Thank you all, especially Matthias and Mats for your work on this!  I'll be using TMFX as my live console for the first time outside the studio this weekend, mixing a 10-piece Afrobeat band (28 TMFX inputs) for my fiend's wedding.  Wish me luck!

No luck needed. It works. I've used it that way a long time!

-J-

neirbod wrote:
MC wrote:

Does that mean faders moved in TM FX do not cause faders in TOSC to follow? I still don't understand the 'freeze' completely.

When it freezes, the TouchOSC screen remains static no matter what I do in Total Mix. Fader movements, panning changes etc. are not reflected on the iPad.  In addition, the level meters freeze.

And wonders happen: we were able to reproduce and identify the problem. Fix upcoming in rc3.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
neirbod wrote:
MC wrote:

Does that mean faders moved in TM FX do not cause faders in TOSC to follow? I still don't understand the 'freeze' completely.

When it freezes, the TouchOSC screen remains static no matter what I do in Total Mix. Fader movements, panning changes etc. are not reflected on the iPad.  In addition, the level meters freeze.

And wonders happen: we were able to reproduce and identify the problem. Fix upcoming in rc3.

Excellent! Thanks.

Here we go: Release candidate 4 fixes the TOSC freeze problem and the double click/ctrl fader action with ganged send FX. Link in first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank You!

my TOSC finally came alive cool

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

MC: This is nice!

60 (edited by MatsHelgesson 2012-06-22 20:06:24)

Sonic Zen wrote:

...long time reader, first time poster.  Thank you all, especially Matthias and Mats for your work on this!  I'll be using TMFX as my live console for the first time outside the studio this weekend, mixing a 10-piece Afrobeat band (28 TMFX inputs) for my fiend's wedding.  Wish me luck!

Thx! Though, Matthias is the one to thank really, I copied his excellent Ipad surface... smile

A word of advice, just like with any new mixer or equipment. Make sure you dry run the gig with your gear and stress test way before the event.

I found that removing the Talkback button adding an undo button worked well on my own custom Ipad preset. I also found that the faders on the Ipad preset are a little slim, so you accidentally move the meters instead. No biggies really. But test your equipment and see what each button or fader does before you experience it first hand on your gig. I speak from experience... Massive feedback with a big audience is not fun but knowing why makes it easier to avoid :-)

Best of luck!

EDIT: Oh, and do save a preset of your mix when you get it up and running. It's always good to have a safety net. Save the workspace too smile I usually save both a snapshot to one of the slots, a workspace and a snapshot file of the current mix for the band I currently work on. If I have four bands, I save a preset for each band, removing unnecessary channels from the workspace. At least on the Ipad, as you can only see eight channels at a time.

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

First: Awesome work with the new RC4! Now TouchOSC is working like a charm.

I am currently customizing your template to match my workflow. So far i was able to do everything i wanted except one thing:
Is there any way to create a select-button for each output in Touchosc? My plan is to be able to switch between any output-submix without having to scroll through banks.I would like to place this on the reserve page.

Thanks,
Phil

62 (edited by neirbod 2012-06-25 13:21:49)

grufde wrote:

Is there any way to create a select-button for each output in Touchosc? My plan is to be able to switch between any output-submix without having to scroll through banks.I would like to place this on the reserve page.l

This would be a great feature.  I hope it is possible.

EDIT - And the new TM works great with Touch OSC.  The freezing issue is fixed.  Thanks RME!

I can also confirm that TouchOsc ain't freezing anymore. Great job RME!

Seems to be working very well. Great job indeed!

I'm also hoping to be able to edit the template for my specific needs. Just opened the touch osc editor for the first time and I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this. The TM template has 4 pages. Am I correct to assume that pressing for example the 'outputs' button on page 1 triggers totalmix to translate solo buttons to submix selection buttons? (so the layout is in a way built inside totalmix instead of being fully customizable?)

I was hoping to make tabs for aux sends and fx sends etc, so that pressing a tab would also select the corresponding submix and show faders for sends. (not talking about the internal effects of tmfx) Is this possible at all?
So my question is pretty similar to what grufde already asked. Is there a direct command for submix selection (and for other functions as well) or do we have to be on page 1 and turn the outputs button on for tm to translate the solo commands to submix selection? (oh yeah, and find the right page and channel too if not in the first 8)

Also if this is not possible with touchosc alone, would it be possible with the help of OSCulator?
I'm new to OSC, but very interested in making this work the best possible way.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Can we control snapshots successfully yet? smile

First let me thank Matthias and the RME team for the improvement continuum I have enjoyed so far as a UFX user! With control via iPad/OSC, this is a dream for streamlined recording.
I just have one suggestion/question. Is it possible to display USB performance states (I.e. number of errors) in TouchOSC above the transport bar? Is this a case of modifying the template? With increased use of OSC, I would hate to miss an error and wreck a session.

Regards,
Chris

67 (edited by fenderchris 2012-07-09 11:17:32)

I've just downloaded and installed TotalMix v.0.983 using the link in the first post, but Help/About indicates that it is Version 0.963 which is a little confusing!

I actually now have 4 instances of TotalMixFx.exe on my system (I'm never sure where the zip file should be extracted to) and in all cases Help/About indicates Version 0.963 not 0.983.

Do I need to do something else after unzipping the file?

68 (edited by fenderchris 2012-07-10 07:09:19)

fenderchris wrote:

I've just downloaded and installed TotalMix v.0.983 using the link in the first post, but Help/About indicates that it is Version 0.963 which is a little confusing!

I actually now have 4 instances of TotalMixFX.exe on my system (I'm never sure where the zip file should be extracted to) and in all cases Help/About indicates Version 0.963 not 0.983.

Do I need to do something else after unzipping the file?

I think I have got everything up-to-date now by removing TotalMixFX.exe from the \windows\system32 folder and copying the latest version (0.983). Also brought the driver up-to-date by going to Device Manager and updating from there.

Many thanks to all at RME for your help and support. HeadScratch

I know from personal experience how frustrating it can be to provide constant support, often covering the same questions many times over, but some customers need more help than others. I certainly have difficulty understanding some sections of the user manual (Loopback for example) and would appreciate some parts having a 'complete idiots' guide for people like me.:-)

TotalMix FX is not compatible with the FF800, sorry. You can trash it and just use Fireface Mixer instead.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

70 (edited by panatrope 2012-07-10 11:09:57)

MC wrote:

All features of TM FX are described in the manuals (which were updated a few days ago for all TM FX devices).

UFX manual V2.0 does not appear to address issues previously raised:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13510  posts 9 and 10 (No, not TM FX, but .... )

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14945  post 2

For the latter, let me offer you the following, which perhaps you can cut and paste on p.89 after the paragraph on "Time" and before "Turning Encoder 1 ... ":

"Turning Encoder 2 will highlight the button for the required operation of Delete, Record, Play and Stop; pressing Encoder 2 will initiate it."

Maybe V2.1?

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

I added the Transport Bar to the new manual 2.0. Thanks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

First, thanks a lot for the constant refinement of this great software!
I think I found something that needs to be addressed. Can anyone confirm this?

TMFX 0.983 RC6
I have a second pair of speakers on AN 5/6 and assigned them as Speaker B. Main Output is fed by software AN 1/2.
Speaker B Output is linked to Main output, so everything on Main should be mirrored by Speaker B, right?

- Polarity-Reverse on L and R channel doesn't seem to work on Speaker B.
- If the Main Output is Mono, try switching between Main Speaker and Speaker B: After the speaker is switched, the output is played as stereo for a second and then goes back to mono. Small thing, but annoying.

This occurred to me while listening to the Side-Content of a track (mono and one side polarity reversed) and switching speakers.

Cheers
Frank

Happy Fireface UFX+, Octamic XTC and M-32 Pro user.
http://www.stoersender-studio.ch

- Polarity/Phase is as independent as the EQs and Dynamics are.

- Some timing effects in seldom cases with internally very complicated routines cannot be avoided, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

New drivers with TM FX 0.983 have been uploaded to the Website. This thread is therefore no longer pinned to the top.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Matthias,
Just to report the d2d problem I reported here was solved by the latest drivers for both my nvidia and ati graphic based laptops.
Congratulations, you solved the problem.
Philippe

Hi Matthias,
Would be really cool (and useful) for live sound work, if you could incorporate a link from the Mixer view to the Channel Strip view I.E. Double click the Mixer view 'label' (or some other arrangement) to go directly to that channel's Channel Strip view..
Great work so far by the way.. And much appreciated!
All the best,
Wal...

Sorry! Just realised why that was a stupid request!fryingpan

Hello Matthias!
Merry Christmas and happy New Year!!!!!!!

Is there posibility to create direct link like /1/busPlayback/volume 1 when i create my own OSC template?
I need to combine several faders from different buses on one screen (4 from busPlayback and 4 from busInput).
I need to create template for control monitor mixes for live setup. Some instruments comes from inputs (busInput) and some comes from Apple Mainstage on busPlayback.
Is it possible?

Hi,

I was just trying to download rc6 from the links provided on the original post, but keep getting a 404 Not found for both the mac and windows links.

Anyone else having problems?

Use the current release version instead.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any link for the template or a new one please?

OSC (Open Sound Control)

Besides simple MIDI notes, the Mackie Protocol and Control Change commands, TotalMix FX can also be controlled by the Open Sound Control, OSC. For details on setup and usage see chapter 19.7.3.

An OSC implementation chart can be downloaded from the RME website:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/osc_t … ix_new.zip

RME offers an iPad template for the iOS app TouchOSC (by Hexler, available in the Apple App-Store):

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tosc_ … mplate.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What is the latest lemur template for TM??? I Need help please

Hi Team,

Is it possible to download the current file.
I have the UFX in combination with the OctaMic II.

Is there any way to control the UFX with the iPad via WiFi, or is it only possible via the USB cable?

Thanks

1. Yes, see links above. They both have been updated with the latest TM FX information.

2. Currenty USB only.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME