1 (edited by hasan.ay386 2023-04-21 14:11:13)

Topic: Digiface USB settings saved?

i would like to order the digiface usb for my ADI-2. do i have to open totalmix fx every time for the digiface to work and are the routing settings saved in the digiface device itself?

EDIT: this would be my first RME interface with Totalmix, so I have no experience at all.

Re: Digiface USB settings saved?

No worry !
Connect the Digiface USB to the computer and it starts working as before.
The mix-configuration in Totalmix stays there, I think it's stored in the computer, not inside the Digiface.
I'm on Mac Ventura, guessing the same behavior is to expect in a Windows computer.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

No worry !
Connect the Digiface USB to the computer and it starts working as before.
The mix-configuration in Totalmix stays there, I think it's stored in the computer, not inside the Digiface.
I'm on Mac Ventura, guessing the same behavior is to expect in a Windows computer.

Thanks!

waedi wrote:

I think it's stored in the computer, not inside the Digiface.

Yes, I can confirm this, the Digiface is not able to store the mixer state in the unit. Unlike on other interfaces by RME, there is no standalone mode.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:
waedi wrote:

I think it's stored in the computer, not inside the Digiface.

Yes, I can confirm this, the Digiface is not able to store the mixer state in the unit. Unlike on other interfaces by RME, there is no standalone mode.

Which interface would be the next one in terms of price that stores the settings?
and which settings can be stored, only EQ or everything incl. routing?

Only to avoid misunderstandings: as waedi wrote, the Totalmix state would be saved on the computer, so it wouldn’t be necessary to do routings and settings new every time.  The host computer has to be on, that’s all. The overall design of the Digiface USB doesn’t make much sense without a computer and I guess, you would use it for audio playback from the computer anyway.

oli77sch wrote:

Only to avoid misunderstandings: as waedi wrote, the Totalmix state would be saved on the computer, so it wouldn’t be necessary to do routings and settings new every time.  The host computer has to be on, that’s all. The overall design of the Digiface USB doesn’t make much sense without a computer and I guess, you would use it for audio playback from the computer anyway.

ah, now i understand, that means the state is saved somewhere in the system as a separate file and every time i connect the interface, the state is automatically taken from this file. and i don't need to open totalmix or any other software, right?

hasan.ay386 wrote:
oli77sch wrote:

ah, now i understand, that means the state is saved somewhere in the system as a separate file and every time i connect the interface, the state is automatically taken from this file. and i don't need to open totalmix or any other software, right?

Yes, that’s right.
(Totalmix and settings apps open automatically after connecting the interface or after booting the computer with already connected interface btw.)