Topic: Latest Digiface HDSP driver version that supports GSIF (GigaStudio)?

Hi...I have an interesting dinosaur question. I have an RME Digiface with HDSP CardBus (old type) and I am migrating from a Windows 7 laptop to a Windows 10/11 laptop (I know...I waited as long as I could!). I was wondering what is the latest version of the HDSP driver that supports GSIF (GigaStudio)? My firmware version 17 is the latest for my old CardBus type, and I am currently running HDSP driver version 3.31 with no problems with GigaStudio 4 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (yes I also use Kontakt! smile. Is driver version 3.xx (last one is 3.42 I believe, and 3.085 is in the driver archives) the last version that still has GSIF support or does the absolute current latest driver version 4.40 still have GSIF support? Thanks for any information and advice.

Re: Latest Digiface HDSP driver version that supports GSIF (GigaStudio)?

I am pretty sure that GSIF was removed in driver version 4.0.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi...thanks for the reply. I suspected as much. So I guess I will stick with HDSP driver version 3.xx (probably 3.42) for now, at least for this machine. I guess the only real downside is that I will still be using TotalMix instead of the newer TotalMix FX, but that's OK if I can still keep this dinosaur going! smile Thanks again for the information!

No FX on the hdso anyway so no real loss me think.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

version 4.1 on my dadicated retroPC with WinXP and Gigastudio3