1 (edited by Canadiansoundguy 2023-04-27 01:57:28)

Topic: OSC Table confusion

Hi. I'm trying to make buttons on a stream deck to solo input channels on a digiface dante.

I've got it working with totalmix, but I run into a problem after the first 8 channels.

So here's how it's running:

Companion button is Generic osc: send message with multiple arguments

Using the OSC table, I am able to get the page 1 solo command to work.

/1/solo/1/1 with the argument 1.0 for solo on, and 0.0 for solo off.

Channel 2: /1/solo/1/2, and so on.

The problem is after Channel 8, It stops working. I can't  figure out how to get Channel 9 to 64 working.

Additionally, how do I solo madi channels 1 to 64?

I am trying to make a solo station for an RF tech. To allow them to use the digiface dante as a dante headphone Amp and listen to all wireless channels quickly without an actual console, just a pair of headphones plugged into the digiface headphone jack, totalmix on a laptop and a stream deck.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: OSC Table confusion

Download the OSC table again, the official download link had an older version until a week ago. Then check that you have more than 8 channels enabled (Settings, tab OSC, Numbers of faders per bank).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Where is the official download link? I found the one I had from an old thread about TouchOSC.

Also, I am only able to set the number of faders per bank at 48. How do I solo Dante Channels 49-64 as well as Madi Channels 1-64?

4 (edited by waedi 2023-04-27 11:28:18)

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 56#p163656

googled for RME OSC download, took 10 seconds time

The forum post there is from 2021 but the download file behind the link is new from this January.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 56#p163656

googled for RME OSC download, took 10 seconds time

The forum post there is from 2021 but the download file behind the link is new from this January.

Yes. I have that one as well, but like you said, that one is dated July, and as Matthias stated, the latest one was updated a week ago.

Also, is the official link just a reply in a thread in the forum? A search on the RME site gives zero results when searching for OSC, and no "official" thread. But thanks for spending the 10 seconds finding the obsure link.

Regardless, it still is missing lots of desired parameters, like the ability to Clear the solo bus. Is the GlobalSolo command to press the Global Solo Button in the master section? The command for the kOSCScaleOnOff would be 1.0 on, 0.0 off, and is identical to kOSCScaleToggle correct?

6 (edited by dcocharro 2023-04-27 14:31:03)

Hi,
I'm trying to integrate StreamDeck as well and I got stuck on creating a mute/unmute button for the MAIN.

any help?

Moreover, I want to simultaneously solo a channel both on my mains and on the phones, and apparently now requires two or more OSC messages. Is there a way to change this behaviour, I looked into the settings and preferences but I wasn't to find any option to create this behaviour.

Canadiansoundguy wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to make buttons on a stream deck to solo input channels on a digiface dante.

Thanks

dcocharro wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to integrate StreamDeck as well and I got stuck on creating a mute/unmute button for the MAIN.

any help?

Moreover, I want to simultaneously solo a channel both on my mains and on the phones, and apparently now requires two or more OSC messages. Is there a way to change this behaviour, I looked into the settings and preferences but I wasn't to find any option to create this behaviour.

Have you gotten the stream deck working though?
You added a Generic OSC in the connections tab with the target ip and port of your device?

If so, you just need to make a button for the Global Mute.

Add Button - Generic OSC: Send message with multiple arguements
OSC Path: /1/globalMute
Arguements: 1.0

That will become a toggle for the Mute of your Main/Phones, whichever you have configured.

If you want to mute an output, you just do the same but instead of globalMute, do /1/mute/1/CHANNELNUMBER

As far as simultaneous commands, just add another press action so the single button press does multiple things. Next to the Action Tab, click Add Step, and add another command.

8 (edited by georgob 2023-04-27 18:02:08)

Get nix from fellow User potscrubber. Assign shortcut there. Assign shortcut on streamdeck.
Works like a charm, even volume control is possible with streamdeck.
Georg
https://www.bsound.co.nz/tools-nix

Canadiansoundguy wrote:

Where is the official download link?

Where it belongs: in the manual.

Canadiansoundguy wrote:

Also, I am only able to set the number of faders per bank at 48. How do I solo Dante Channels 49-64 as well as Madi Channels 1-64?

The control area is split into banks. Your bank is now 48 channels wide. Change to the next bank to acess 49 and up. The zip includes an example how to do that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME