1 (edited by CtrlFreq 2023-04-27 20:31:11)

Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS R BE with ADAT at 192khz Sample Rate

Hello,

I wonder if it's possible to run my ADI-2 Pro FS R BE at 192khz while using ADAT. I run my DAW projects at 48khz with outboard analog summing.

RME Digiface USB Feeds 2 ADAT Out to Ferrofish Pulse 16 and 2 ADAT Out to Apogee DA16X. ADI-2 takes the analog summed stereo bus inputs on the back. Then it sends the stereo bus back to the Digiface USB via ADAT Out. I then Monitor the DAW master output via ADAT back into the ADI-2.

If I run 192khz on the ADI-2, it seems to be in mono, I'm assuming because of S/MUX4. Back to my original question, is it possible to run 192khz on the ADI-2 while using ADAT?

If not, what are the best options for me to get to 192khz? One of my DA converts that feeds the analog summing box has AES, but the other does not and only offers a MADI SFP expansion card. Am I better off getting an HDSPe Raydat card that offers ADAT and AES?

Thank you,

Production, Mixing, and Mastering services - www.summithousestudio.com

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS R BE with ADAT at 192khz Sample Rate

I’m not sure about it. But you could switch to the SPDIF format instead of ADAT, that works also over the optical connection and the Digiface is compatible to it.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

I’m not sure about it. But you could switch to the SPDIF format instead of ADAT, that works also over the optical connection and the Digiface is compatible to it.

Thank you so much! That worked. I changed the Optical Out from ADAT to SPDIF and it is now playing the 192khz stereo mix perfectly.

big_smile

Production, Mixing, and Mastering services - www.summithousestudio.com

It works wth ADAT as well if you manually set the samplerate in the ADI to the correct value. That said SPDIF is the much better method here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME