Topic: Input gain by tenths of a dB in TotalMix

Hello!

I recently got some analog gear that I'm essentially using as hardware inserts. I'm going in mic inputs 1/2 and the stereo pair dB is ever so slightly off center which is effecting the stereo image.

I'm trying to balance the gain between the two channels by making tenth of a dB gain adjustments, but totalmix seems to only let me make full dB adjustments. When I type in a value, it just rounds up/down to the nearest integer value.

Any help is appreciated

Re: Input gain by tenths of a dB in TotalMix

Use panning?

I myself had a "stereo pair" which was off. I tried to correct that (not only for volume, but the spectrum), but then found that the second mic also had differences in the polar pattern. I am now very alert to check that the mics are really as close as possible, so I do not need to "fix" differences. In my case I sold the mics individual and bought a new set (Austrian Audio CC8 in my case).

Panning in my DAW I suppose is fine. I never thought I'd ever run into a feature that I wish my RME interface could do since it's so full fledged. The difference between the channels is .5dB which would be easily fixed if I could just adjust my inputs by even half of a dB

base2 wrote:

Hello!

I recently got some analog gear that I'm essentially using as hardware inserts. I'm going in mic inputs 1/2 and the stereo pair dB is ever so slightly off center which is effecting the stereo image.

I'm trying to balance the gain between the two channels by making tenth of a dB gain adjustments, but totalmix seems to only let me make full dB adjustments. When I type in a value, it just rounds up/down to the nearest integer value.

Any help is appreciated

I just use the input gain in the DAW when I have to use non-matched microphone pairs, not a solution but a very easy workaround:)

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One