Topic: How to stream to Iphone from PC

Hi guys,
When I'm mastering I check files in various playback systems.
Is there an elegant way to stream directly from my FF UFX II to an Iphone or Ipad ?
Or do i have to transfer files to Itunes ?
I'm on a PC.

Thank's in advance :-)
Mads
--

Re: How to stream to Iphone from PC

Hi
To listen over the integrated speakers? The only way I can see is to use sort of a streaming app on the PC and to receive the audio stream over the internet browser on the iPad/iPhone.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

You can use a Music Player which supports streaming as a streaming server, which you can use with other end-devices.
Should you have a NAS for backup, then store the data to a NAS volume and activate streaming services on the NAS.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

4 (edited by MarioBurch 2023-11-13 14:19:47)

Sounds like you're deep into the mastering world! For streaming from your FF UFX II to your iPhone or iPad on a PC, have you considered using third-party apps like VLC or Plex? They can make the process smoother without the need for an iTunes transfer. Give them a shot! And if you're ever looking for more tech tips, check out https://multitechverse.com/. Happy streaming!

5 (edited by waedi 2023-11-10 14:03:14)

You can use Filedrop to put the music file into the iPhone.
Filedrop is an alternative to Airdrop, for windows.
The iPhone has a Foldersystem for free use.
http://www.filedropme.com

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

6 (edited by Kubrak 2023-11-10 22:08:40)

If you want to do it in hardware, audiointerfaces by iConnectivity would do the trick. One may connect two USB devices and route audiostream from one to another.

I cannot test if it works with iPhone, but it should work with iPad. And it is class compliant.

Or if you have ADAT out free on your interface, you could use Digiface USB attached to iPhone and ADAT to your interface.

Kubrak wrote:

Or if you have ADAT out free on your interface, you could use Digiface USB attached to iPhone and ADAT to your interface.

Digiface USB on iPhone doesn’t work, it’s not class compliant and needs the native RME driver.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2