Topic: Connect Babyface Pro Fs to guitar amplifier

Dear members, I am a new user of the Babyface Pro Fs and I have the following question: I want to bring the signal of my electric/classical guitar from the interface to my amplifier. How is this possible? Can I connect the Headphones output as line output directly to my guitar amp? Or is it better to do it from the XLR output? Can please someone guide me on what type of cables I need? Thank you very much!

2 (edited by ramses 2023-05-07 13:48:04)

Re: Connect Babyface Pro Fs to guitar amplifier

Assuming you also have active monitors connected, I wouldn't use the XLR outputs, then you would have the operational disadvantage, having to disconnect and reconnect one of your active monitors again and again.

Using the headphone outputs would be possible, but you might still need the phones outputs.
Even if you would use the 2nd phones output they are coupled so that it is unlikely to get a good setting which fits phones and the line input of your guitar.

You might have to buy a separate volume control for the phones to be able to keep the output for the amp high but the volume for your ears low. Something like this phones extension cable with volume control: https://www.amazon.de/Valueline-VLAP220 … amp;sr=8-3

Maybe a better idea now and long term would be to sell the BBF Pro FS and to get an UCX II instead.
Then you have all the inputs and outputs as needed and even more in a small case.
Plus excellent Mic inputs, Autoset and DURec.
Then you can keep everything connected, have a separate mono line out for your guitar amp and for every channel you have in TM FX a dedicated volume control.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Connect Babyface Pro Fs to guitar amplifier

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the operational difficulties of having both headphones and monitors connected. But still, I want to understand if it technically feasible to take the mono line out from the headphones and connect it to my guitar amp.

In the manual it says "In case the phones output is to be used as line output an adapter TRS plug to RCA phono plugs,
or TRS plug to two TS plugs is required". So if I understand well, I need a TRS to two TS plugs (the TRS goes in the heaphones out of on the babyface pro fs and one of the TS plugs goes in the amp?)? Thanks