Topic: 5.1 Mix - Controlled by ARC

Hi there guys,

I need some advice please.

I urgently need to set up a 5.1 monitoring solution with my ADI-2 Pro FS R (AES) and my UFX+.

Is it possible to set up a 5.1 bus in TotalMix and control it with the ARC?

If not, I'm open to suggestions - it needs to be operating by Friday.. yikes

Thanks a ton, in advance!!!

Windows 11 / Nuendo 12 / UFX+ / M-1610 Pro / ADI-2 Pro FS R / Sonnet USB 3.0 PCIe

Re: 5.1 Mix - Controlled by ARC

Create a fader group for all 6 output channels (UFX+ analog outs) and include Main Out in the group.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you so much Jeff!! So, effectively the ARC will control the Main Out which in turn will control the rest of the faders in the group. Is my thinking correct?

Windows 11 / Nuendo 12 / UFX+ / M-1610 Pro / ADI-2 Pro FS R / Sonnet USB 3.0 PCIe

Exactly right

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff, you're a star! I'll probably have a few more questions once I'm setting it up.. wink

Just one crucial little tip, is to change "Settings" or  "Preferences" in the Totalmix prefs, to "Do not load main volume", as it will do it kinda independently of the Fader group. (unless this has been changed in more recent versions).

Cheers,
Matt

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

mattrixx wrote:

Just one crucial little tip, is to change "Settings" or  "Preferences" in the Totalmix prefs, to "Do not load main volume", as it will do it kinda independently of the Fader group. (unless this has been changed in more recent versions).

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt!! I'll make sure.