1 (edited by 2000 2023-05-11 18:51:19)

Topic: RME ARC strange volume knob behavior + buttons not working

My RME ARC (the blue one) suddenly is behaving quite strangely in combination with the Fireface UCX.

The volume knob has suddenly reversed, that is to say, turning it left increases volume, and turning it right decreases volume.
Also, all the buttons on the remote suddenly do not work anymore, except for the recall button. The "ARC and Function Keys" settings have not been changed.

Can someone please tell me what is going on here? This remote has been working perfectly for years, so maybe it is a software issue. The UCX has been updated to the latest software/firmware version, but this did not help.

Re: RME ARC strange volume knob behavior + buttons not working

Sure it is connected to the right port ? Remote, not Midi ?
A total reset in Totalmix would be to try.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by 2000 2023-05-12 10:41:57)

Thanks, this did not help, but I discovered a very strange thing: when selecting the "Speaker B" button, the volume controls get reversed!

When "Speaker B" is selected, turning the volume knob to the right turns down the faders, turning it left turns them up.
When "Speaker B" is not selected, the knob works as it should.

The other buttons still do not work, however, with the exception of the "Recall" button.

What's the exact driver version here?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by 2000 2023-05-12 13:57:16)

Hi there,

-The totalmix FX version is "Version 1.82 macOS (1)".

-I'm on MacOs 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)

-USB Current Revision: 49
-DSP Current Revision: 2.60
-Firewire Current Revision: 27
-Class- Compliant Current Revision: 14

The UCX is connected via USB.

Hope this provides the information you need!

Try TM FX 1.83:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/tota … ac_183.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by 2000 2023-05-12 14:19:44)

Hi Matthias, I replaced my Totalmix FX with the version you provided, and everything seems to work again, so thank you very much. I'm still not sure what caused these problems but I'm glad to be rid of them big_smile

That was a bug in TM FX 1.82, so it did not come from alone but by a driver update that you must have performed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That was a bug in TM FX 1.82, so it did not come from alone but by a driver update that you must have performed.

Hi, I don't mean to hijack this topic, but I'm having the exact same issue with my Arc USB, only then in a Windows 11 environment.

For context, I was cleaning my desk and after I was done, I suddenly only had sound through my Headphones and the volume  control, and I really had to mess around with the Totalmix FX setting and even my windows sound mixer and sound settings to get audio from both monitors as well as headphones again. I must have accidentally pressed some combination of buttons for this to happen. The Snap1 button is turned on, and when I press it, it cuts all the sound, sets the fader of AN 1/2 to -infinity and kills my PH 7/8 output which my Headphones are connected to.

Then your Snapshot 1 is supposed to do that, it seems?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME