Topic: Hardware Mismatch

Hello,
Im using a fireface 400 with Mojave 10.14.6 and this is the message I Found this morning:

RME fireface hardware mismatch!
This driver version requires a new interface firmware for enhanced functionality.
Please download the latest flash updated tool from rme's website.

So I download the tool, run the fireface flash.app, the update starts but at the end shows me an error: failed with D0000000.

Thnaks for helping!

Luca

Re: Hardware Mismatch

Does perhaps this information help?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 21#p185421

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

From where did you start the FUT? Internal HDD/SSD drive?
Not sure about FUT, but it’s a known issue with failed driver installation from installers which are stored in a cloud.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

Can you try the update on another computer (Mac or PC)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you all for answering, the question could be that rme flash update download says that it's compatible up to 10.14 Mojave, while the readme file says that it's for Mac 15 or higher...and yes, I cloud have another computer but got the same operations system

Luca Cassani wrote:

Thank you all for answering, the question could be that rme flash update download says that it's compatible up to 10.14 Mojave, while the readme file says that it's for Mac 15 or higher...and yes, I cloud have another computer but got the same operations system

A computer with the same macOS version  does not help then.
What is Mac 15? You probably mean Mac OS X 10.5? The FUT from 2012-05-22 should work on macOS 10.14 Mojave, and that is what you have, right?
Again my question, is the installer stored on a local drive?

The "latest" firmware for the FF400 is around ten years old or so. The flash tool won't work on the latest Mac OS versions. You'll need an older Mac or a PC to do it.

This is not a matter of whether the tool is on a local drive, it won't work either way.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

My set up perfecly worked till yesterday, when the computer started telling me that the driver requires firmware 1.70 or newer, please download ecc....but to update the firmware I need an older computer...
I'm not sure to understand, sorry

RME Support wrote:

The "latest" firmware for the FF400 is around ten years old or so. The flash tool won't work on the latest Mac OS versions. You'll need an older Mac or a PC to do it.

This is not a matter of whether the tool is on a local drive, it won't work either way.

But Luca Cassani writes he has indeed a Mac with OS 10.14, so the FUT should work. And there was an issue with driver installations from cloud storage, so it’s at least worth to check that here too on the way to find a solution, am I wrong?

If it was all working fine before as stated, then maybe it's just a cable/communication issue causing the incorrect alert. I would suggest to turn off the Mac and FF400, take apart the FireWire cable & adapter chain, put it all back together and power up again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi there,

I'm going to jump in as I have the very same issue and already tried a few different things, with no success.

Tried update the firmware on a macbook pro with high sierra 10.13 and got the dreadful D0000000 error.
Then tried on a 2007 macbookpro with osx 10.9.5 and got the D0000000 again.
Tried to change firewire cable, still got the error message.
I haven't got a window laptop at all, I might have one available in a couple of days but only has a thunderbolt port which I could try plug into with 2 apple adapters I have but I doubt the chain of adapters will help.

@Jeff: could it be a Fireface hardware problem?

12 (edited by oli77sch 2023-05-20 18:13:42)

Maybe you both (djlaps and Luca) should install a newer driver version first?
So the question is, what version do you have at the moment?
EDIT: From the FUT readme:
Important notes:
This software updates the Fireface 800 firmware to revision 2.77 and the Fireface 400 firmware to 1.71. An installed driver version 2.62 or higher is required.