Topic: [Solved] Windows changes sampling rate to 44.1k every reboot.

Is it possible to set sampling rate to 48k and for windows to not change it to 44.1k on next reboot ?
Using UCX on Windows 11.

2 (edited by ramses 2023-05-19 17:21:41)

Re: [Solved] Windows changes sampling rate to 44.1k every reboot.

Can you please give a little background of your setup and what you are doing exactly in what order?
Which device are connected to each other?
Who is the clock master?
Where do you change the sample rate? In Windows, in the application, in the RME driver?
Please easy repeatable steps.

Version numbers of Windows, RME driver and Software would be an additional plus.

I just set the sample rate from 44.1 kHz to 48 kHz in RME driver settings.
Rebooted, opened driver settings and voila … still at 48 kHz.

When I work with my DAW (Cubase) then the sample rate of the project will be communicated / set on the recording interface through the ASIO driver.

So, what is your problem exactly? More details please.

UFX+, Madiface driver 0.9818, Windows 10 22H2

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by brk 2023-05-19 18:07:37)

Hello, thanks for your time.
So, I have a RME UCX with latest drivers, on latest Windows 11.

The Sampling Rate is disabled for some reason.

RME UCX settings

If I open it from Reaper I can change the sampling rate, but that is not persistent, and after reboot it goes back to 44.1k

4 (edited by ramses 2023-05-20 09:38:27)

brk wrote:

The Sampling Rate is disabled for some reason.

Not "some" reason, this is the case if an application is using the recording interface.

To put an example, the field becomes greyed out when I am playing Music in MusicBee (music player).
And then it stays locked even if I stop playing, so it seems to be locked on the first use/playback through ASIO driver.
This you can easily check yourself.
Run your application in Window mode … the RME driver settings, e.g., right beside and then watch …

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Staying locked when playback stops is most probably intentional (it might be even configurable in the player). But it should unlock when the player is exit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, so you were right, it works now and remembers the settings, thanks, and sorry for the trouble.