Topic: The audio device Fireface USB could not be initialized

Please help me.
I installed the new driver_usb_win1243, and after that the latest Flash Update Tool for Windows. After restarting the computer
Babyface Pro fs can be seen in Device Manager. Win 10 set it in Sound output and input, but Studio One 6 gives a notice: The audio device Fireface USB could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again. I deleted the settings in Studio one, did a fresh install, but the problem remained. Cubase 12 only sees the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver and gives ADAT (5+6) RME Babyface Pro as input, Analog (3+4) RME Babyface P as out. I changed the usb port, checked that I'm not in CC mode, but in vain . I've never had this problem with my Fireface 800. I love RME products, I believe in them and I'm of the opinion that something is wrong with Win 10. Can anyone give me some advice?

Re: The audio device Fireface USB could not be initialized

Can you test this with another PC? Are you logged on with admin rights?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Unplug/replug the Babyface. Install driver 1243 a second time, reboot, unplug/replug the Babyface. At some point ASIO should be back.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

same issue with babyface pro fs on driver_usb_win_1245 ( windows 11 )
only downgrade to driver_usb_win_1224 fixed that for me.

cubase 12 with 1245 (Generic Low Latency ASIO)
cubase 12 with 1224 (ASIO Fireface USB)

MC wrote:

Unplug/replug the Babyface. Install driver 1243 a second time, reboot, unplug/replug the Babyface. At some point ASIO should be back.

A big thank you! I'm already starting to get depressed smile

6 (edited by folkfreak 2023-06-03 13:29:08)

Same problem with an UFX on windows 10.
How many times do I have to install, unplug and replug?
Is this now needed with every driver install?

Neither patchwork nor cubase nor live professor nor UVI workstation can detect the asio driver...