1 (edited by Chachpol 2023-05-29 13:36:43)

Topic: RME Babyface doesn't show up in Reaper DAW anymore.

Windows 10. Suddenly it doesn't seem to show up in Reaper DAW anymore, it was fine a few days ago, I've been using it for years and never had this happened before. Now when I go to audio device settings in Reaper it does not appear in the drop down list anymore under ASIO. I've updated the Babyface, reinstalled, flashed, and even updated Reaper DAW to the latest version but I still do not see it. However it is still working properly in windows audio/devices.

Re: RME Babyface doesn't show up in Reaper DAW anymore.

Hello!

Maybe your Babyface is in CC Mode!
You could try this:

Manual wrote:

Activation of the Class Compliant mode: Hold down the Select and Recall button while the
Babyface boots. So press both buttons while connecting the Babyface to USB buspower. The
level meters will run up, confirming CC mode is activated. The Babyface stays in CC mode until
this procedure is repeated. With only one LED on left and right side lit during power-on, the
Babyface is in normal mode.

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

How exactly does it show up in Windows audio device manager? With 'RME' or without? With serial number or without?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

How exactly does it show up in Windows audio device manager? With 'RME' or without? With serial number or without?

It shows up normally as 'RME Babyface' in device manage under Audio inputs and outputs with the respective Analog 1+2 (RME Babyface), 3+4 (RME Babyface) shown. The problem is that none of my audio software could detect firefaceUSB Asio, therefore I do not have control over inputs/outputs, buffer, sample size, etc.

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hello!

Maybe your Babyface is in CC Mode!
You could try this:

Manual wrote:

Activation of the Class Compliant mode: Hold down the Select and Recall button while the
Babyface boots. So press both buttons while connecting the Babyface to USB buspower. The
level meters will run up, confirming CC mode is activated. The Babyface stays in CC mode until
this procedure is repeated. With only one LED on left and right side lit during power-on, the
Babyface is in normal mode.

I've double checked, it does not seem to be in CC mode.

Chachpol wrote:

I've double checked, it does not seem to be in CC mode.

It’s why I asked how it appears in device manager. With 'RME' but without serial nr. is native driver 'PC' mode.

7 (edited by Chachpol 2023-05-29 17:51:51)

Ok, so how exactly do I solve this issue. I'm guessing it was in PC mode for years and years, never had a single problem but now is it suppose to be in CC mode? I've put it into CC mode with the serial number appearing in device manager and an exclamation mark icon appears over the device. Tried to uninstall/install the drivers but failed several times. The only way to use it is with PC mode but then as I've stated, the firefaceUSB ASIO is gone in PC mode. I'm using WINDOWS 10, it is suppose to be in PC mode.

Yes, of course it has to be in PC mode, not CC!

RME, please fix this, I had to install old driver '1219' to get ASIO Fireface USB to show up again in my DAW Reaper and other audio software. Driver issue with '1245' for Windows 10.

According to my observations, this phenomenon seems to be related to Windows updates. For example, if you switch from a Canary zn. Build to the next higher one, the RME Babyface Pro FS driver disappears from the ASIO settings of a DAW. The driver of a Zoom UAC 232, however, remains selectable.
The workaround is simple:
- Uninstall the Babyface driver in the program or app manager, then restart.
- Reinstall the Babyface driver, Done.
Maybe this helps.

Babyface Pro FS, Fireface 800, 5900X, Windows 11 aktuell | 9900k Windows 10 1809 und Windows Dev

Driver 1245 is NOT broken. The ASIO issue has been explained here several times already. Reinstall latest driver, reboot (real reboot with power off, not Windows Fast Start), unplug/replug, and it will work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Was still on 1243, sorry. 1245 I have not noticed, thanks.

Babyface Pro FS, Fireface 800, 5900X, Windows 11 aktuell | 9900k Windows 10 1809 und Windows Dev