Topic: Rename ins and outs

In the Matrix - Why cant i rename outputs, those at the top of the matrix (Out 1 Out 2, etc...), and them on the right side (in 1, in 2, Pb 1, etc...)

Re: Rename ins and outs

Obviously left and bottom show the user names, while top and right show the hardware (channel) names.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I know, im talking about the hardware-names at the top of the rme matrix

Out 1 Out 2, etc show up in Reaper, so it would be great if it was possible to rename those too in Totalmix, so Reaper could see it rightaway instead of Hardware Name

The user names only are working within the Totalmix app, they aren’t sent to the driver or DAW software.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

5 (edited by s1000 2023-06-01 19:16:23)

could that be fixed in the next update of totalmix - it would then be easier to see what is what in the daw´s

Do you have a Windows or macOS based computer? And what interface do you have? How do the input and output channel names appear in your DAW? Only as 'Output 1', 'Output 2' and so on? In Logic pro I can set them to the standard names, equal to the left and bottom in Totalmix matrix view (or labels in mixer view). So not the user names, but at least it's much better than only 'Input X' or 'Output X'. I don't think it's possible to send the user names out of the Totalmix app.

7 (edited by s1000 2023-06-02 17:25:41)

windows 11, rme 802, behringer ADA8200. yes only 'Output 1', 'Output 2 and so on. i tried to add a picture here but i couldnt.

i too can rename left and bottom as others in Totalmix matrix view, so thats why i askd for a possible update of totalmix so its was possible to rename rest of the in and outs- that would make it a lot easier to understand the matrix etc

s1000 wrote:

windows 11, rme 802, behringer ADA8200. yes only 'Output 1', 'Output 2 and so on. i tried to add a picture here but i couldnt.

i too can rename left and bottom as others in Totalmix matrix view, so thats why i askd for a possible update of totalmix so its was possible to rename rest of the in and outs- that would make it a lot easier to understand the matrix etc

I see it the other way round: having the exact names on one side (left and bottom) and the pure input and output numbers channel numbers on the other side (right and top) you can use the matrix as sort of reference. Asking yourself what a specific input or output channel number in the DAW means, you can switch to TotalMix matrix and use it to 'translate'. The other question still is, if in your DAW it would be possible to change the channel names?