Topic: Installer fails
I have a windows 10 laptop and tried to install the current installer for the UCX soundcard. I have done this 1000 times before. However, on my current laptop, the installer wont run.
What I did:
1) Download driver version driver_usb_win_1210
2) Extract driver
3) Double-click rmeinstaller.exe
After double clicking the vcredist pre-installer pops up. Afterwards noting happens. At this point I expect the dialog for installation to show up but it does not show.
What I did for solution:
1) Deactivate virus protection - I use the Windows Defender only
2) Installed the proper vcredist file for VS 2015 manually. Before, vcredist 2015-2019 was installed and conflicted with the installer - has been removed though.
3) Checked the Microsoft Event Log. The log indicates no execution error - the installer reports to be started and afterwards stopped again.
Does anyone have an analysis tool to find the reason for the failure? I assume that I have installed some kind of problematic dependency when I installed Unreal Engine - a readible error message would be really helpful to fix.
Thank you and best regards